Available on: browser, Google Docs
Available for: all plans
Who can do it: anyone
Google offers powerful collaboration capabilities with smart canvas, which utilizes interactive building blocks called smart chips. With Miro smart chip for Google, you can add a shortcut to a Miro board directly in your Google doc, boosting your collaborative capabilities.
How to set up Miro’s smart chip for Google Docs
✏️ Your Google Workspace administrator may need to install the Miro add-on for your Google Workspace organization or team. Please check with your administrator if it is not available. Learn more.
- Inside your Google doc, paste a link to your Miro board, then press tab. Google will then check if the link is a chip link.
- From here, Google will check if you have Miro’s Google Workspace add-on already installed. Then, one of two actions will take place:
- If you already have the Google Workspace add-on installed, there’s no need to install smart chips – you have them already. You’ll see a preview of your board when you click the link.
- If you haven’t installed the add-on, you’ll be prompted to install it from the Google Workspace Marketplace.
✏️ You may need your Google Administrator to install the add-on for you.
- Next, Google will ask you to connect to your Miro account. This is needed to display certain board information and determine whether you have access to the board you’re linking to. Click Connect to Miro.
Connecting Miro to Google Workspaces
- From here, one of two actions will take place:
- If you’re already authorized to access this board, you’ll see the chip with a preview of the board and metadata such as the board owner and last modified date.
- If you need to be authorized, you’ll see a Request Access button. Click it and your request will be sent to the board owner.
Requesting access to a private board
- Once your access has been approved, you’ll see the chip with a preview of the board. If you don’t see the preview, refresh your document.
- Your board is now added to the doc, and clicking on it will take you to the Miro board.
Anyone with access to the board can create a smart chip in their Google docs.
Connecting a Miro smart chip board link to Google Workspaces
The Miro smart chip add-on in Google Docs
- Google Workspace add-on can be installed or removed on the Google side only.
- If you want to restrict access to Google smart chips, do this on the Google side, Miro has no control over which users are installing and using smart chips.