Available for: all Miro and Adobe plans
Available on: browser version, Desktop app
With the Adobe XD plugin, you can add your artboards to Miro boards and collaborate with others during the design process in Miro. Import your Adobe XD artboards using the XD Share links and work with non-design audience using effective Miro collaboration tools. The plugin also allows you to easily sync changes made on the Adobe's side.
In this article:
- Installing the Adobe XD plugin
- Using the plugin
2.1. Adding Adobe XD artboards to Miro boards
2.2. Updating artboards
- Uninstalling the plugin
- Frequently asked questions
- Possible issues with Adobe XD and how to resolve them
Installing the Adobe XD Plugin
⚠️ Non-admin users can't install the app if it's not allowed in the Apps & Integrations settings. Enterprise plan users need to make sure that the plugin is on the list of approved apps.
Find the plugin in Miro Marketplace and click Get app. Install the plugin for a team of your choice.
Installing the plugin for a team of your choice
You can also install the plugin from within a Miro board: click Add more apps in the Apps menu on the toolbar, find the Adobe XD plugin, and click Get app.
Installing the plugin from within a board
Using the plugin
Adding Adobe XD artboards to Miro boards
You can import artboards to Miro using Adobe XD Share links. Copy the link in Adobe XD, open a Miro board, and find Adobe XD among the apps on your toolbar. Paste the link in the Adobe XD Share Link field and click View Artboards.
If the link is public, the artboards will appear right away. Choose an artboard or check the Select all box and push the Insert artboard button. The artboard will appear on the board.
Pasting a public Adobe XD Share link and selecting an artboard
If you paste a private Share link, you will need to connect your Adobe CC account to view private Adobe XD Share links in the plugin.
Pasting a private Adobe XD Share link in the Adobe XD app
Click Connect Creative Cloud, sign in to your Adobe account, and allow Miro access to your Adobe profile.
Allowing Miro to access your Adobe profile data
Once you connect your Miro and Adobe profiles, you will be able to select and add artboards to your Miro board.
If you need to connect another Adobe XD account, click Sign out in the bottom right corner.
After changing your design in Adobe XD and updating the link, you may either add the new updated link to your Miro board or refresh the existing artboard on the board.
To refresh the artboard, simply click the Xd icon on the artboard context menu.
⚠️ Note that the update button is inactive due to some technical limitations
Refreshing an Adobe XD artboard
✏️ To update several artboards at once, select them while holding down Shift and click Xd on the menu.
You can only refresh private artboards shared with you if your Adobe XD account is connected to Miro. Otherwise, you will get a warning message:
The warning message asking you to verify that you have the right permissions in Adobe XD
⚠️ For privately shared Adobe XD links (non-public) the Source icon that brings users to the original source of the content is not available on the object context menu.
Uninstalling the plugin
The admin can uninstall the plugin in the Team settings > Apps & Integrations. Find the app and uninstall it either for you or for team.
Uninstalling the plugin from the team settings
Frequently asked questions
- Will my prototypes stay up to date on the board?
- You need to update the XD share link in Adobe and then refresh the relevant artboards on the Miro board.
- How can I revoke the Adobe token that is created for private XD links?
- Adobe users can revoke the connected application in Adobe on this page. Find the plugin and click Revoke.
- Does the plugin support public links that are password protected?
- At the moment, the plugin does not support public Adobe XD Share links that are password protected. You can use either a public or a private XD Share link without password.
- I don't have the Refresh Artboard button. What do I do?
- If you don't have the Refresh button on the artboard menu, please check if you're using VPN and try to disable it. If that doesn't help, reach out to Miro Support.
Possible issues with Adobe XD and how to resolve them
1. You get the Verify that this XD Share Link still exists and you have the right permissions in XD error when pasting the Adobe XD URL into Miro.
- You are using the non-XD-share link (for example, an Adobe Library link). For reference an Adobe XD share link looks like this https://xd.adobe.com/view/d17650e4-8b11-488e-ac60-e6e2866666cd-8425/.
- We also throw this error if the Adobe XD share has been removed in XD or if a user that is adding it in Miro does not have the right permission to access the share link.
2. Verify that you have the right permissions in XD.
- This error is shown when a user refreshes an image in Miro using the XD icon on the image widget menu and either the Adobe XD share link was removed or the permission changed and a user who is trying to refresh does not have access to it. To troubleshoot the issue, please sign out of your Adobe ID in Miro and connect your Creative Cloud again.