Enterprise plan admins can take advantage of the request management feature and optimize the process of giving permissions to users from their company in certain cases. When a new user needs to get access to a Miro team or upgrade a license, they send a request to promote their access. Company admins can configure the way the admins will be notified of the request: whether to send a notification to admins, to redirect the requester to a service desk, or automatically convert their request into a ServiceNow ticket.
Available for: Enterprise plan
Set up by: Company Admins
In this article:
- Setting up request management controls
1.1. Option 1: Notify admins via email
1.2. Option 2: Create a service desk ticket
1.3. Option 3: Redirect user to a service desk
- User experience
Setting up request management controls
To get to request management controls go to Company settings > Security and scroll down to Access request management. Here you can choose a way to be notified of user access requests.
✏️ The option to create a service desk ticket is currently available for ServiceNow only.
Request management settings
Option 1: Notify admins via email
If you select this option, all Company admins will receive an email notification when a user requests access. The settings doesn't require any additional steps.
Option 2: Create a service desk ticket
If you'd like a service desk ticket to be created every time a user requests access to a team/board, please follow the steps below. Please note that this feature is currently supported with ServiceNow only.
In ServiceNow, create a catalog item for Miro following these instructions.
Go to Miro, open Company settings > Security > Access request management and select Create a service desk ticket. In the Email field, enter your ServiceNow email address.
Configuring creation of a ServiceNow ticket in Miro
Proceed with ServiceNow email configuration.
1) Open ServiceNow, go to System Properties > Email Properties and enable receiving inbound emails.
Enabling receiving inbound emails
Creating an inbound email action
3) Set filed values from the email body to configure additional settings and set up processes of converting a Miro email into a ServiceNow ticket (optional). For example, you can assign a newly created ticket to a particular person.
Option 3: Redirect user to a service desk
The requester will be redirected to a service desk of your choice where they create a ticket manually. To enable the option, enter the link to which the requester will be redirected in the Service desk URL field.
✏️ If you use ServiceNow you also need to create a catalog icon for Miro in ServiceNow as an additional step.
Configuring redirect of a user to a service desk
See below how the settings you configured will influence experience of your account end-users.
The request access management is applied to several cases when an end-user requests access to a board/team or an upgrade for another user:
1) When a Free Restricted user requests a Full license in the account
2) When an account user tries to invite another person who has a Free Restricted license or convert their access on a board to Editor
3) When a newly registered user requests to join an account discoverable for users within their domain due to Domain control
Once they request a license or access, one of the following events will be triggered depending on your request management controls:
1) an email request will be sent to Company Admins
2) a service desk ticket will be created in ServiceNow
3) the user will be redirected to a service where they will be able to create a request:
ServiceNow request window as an example