Miro uses the system of recurring payments for the subscription renewal.
✏️ Check this article if you're on self-serve invoicing.
- You only pay for the time that your end-users use the Miro licenses (occupy seats on the team).
- Your credit card is automatically charged at the end of every subscription period (monthly or yearly). The charge takes place on the day when your subscription expires - the same day of the month that you started it. Example: if you subscribed on August 5th, your account will be renewed (or expired if you cancel the renewals) on September 5th.
- If there are insufficient funds on your card (or some other issue with your card), there will be more automatical charge attempts in 1, 2 and 5 days. During these 5 days, your team will still be active to not interrupt your workflow.
- If the charge doesn't take place, your subscription is cancelled and the team is expired (this also goes for unsuccessful charges for newly added licenses during the billing period).
- The subscription price is directly connected to the size of your team and is recalculated automatically when the number of seats is changed.
- If you downsize your team, there is no immediate refund, instead, your unused paid time goes toward your next renewal/added licenses and the amount of your next charge will be smaller.
- If you stop renewing your subscription (click Cancel subscription) your team is not necessarily paused - it will be active if you still have paid time left on your record.
Learn more about the billing in the article Understanding Billing.
Managing the card
Team admins or the person who purchased the subscription in the first place (billing admin) can change the payment method (the card on file). To change the card you should:
1) Open the Account settings > Billing information. Open the tab Payment methods > Change card:
Changing the card on file
2) Type in new card details and hit Save changes.
Saving new card details
Switching from monthly to the annual subscription
1) Open the Account Settings > Team Profile > Plan Details and choose Switch to annual:
Switching to the annual subscription
2) You will be shown exact details of your subscription and price and will need to confirm the changes by clicking Purchase.
Confirm subscription upgrade
Please note that you can only switch from a monthly subscription to annual and not vice versa. If you plan to switch from annual to monthly please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
Cancelling the subscription
If you need to pause your work for some time, feel free to cancel your renewals at any moment. To stop further renewals:
1. Open the Account Settings > Billing Information.
2. In the Overview section, there is an option to Cancel subscription, in case your subscription is active.
The option to cancel the subscription in the Billing Information
After you cancel the subscription, you can use the paid features until the end of the paid period. When it's over, your boards are not deleted, instead, all the boards become available in a view-only mode until you re-activate your subscription.
If your company wishes to stop the Enterprise plan subscription, please reach out to your Account Executive for further assistance.
In case you cancel your subscription but would like to use it further, you can re-activate it. To do so you should:
1) Open the Account Settings > Billing information;
2) In the Overview tab choose Re-activate subscription in the Plan details or Billing actions sections.
Re-activating the subscription
All the invoices are sent to the email address specified in the field Billing emails are sent to ... (Account settings > Billing information > Overview > Billing actions). To change the email click Change email:
All the Team admins can see and download the post-payment invoices in Account settings > Billing information > Billing history. Learn more in the corresponding article Post Payment invoice.
If you think that you were incorrectly charged, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the transaction details.
Please note that some special offers are non-refundable.