As soon as you sign up to Miro, you can create your team and boards and invite other users to the platform. Registration is free.
How to sign up
If you received an invitation to join Miro, accept the invite from within the email. You’ll be asked to set up a Miro password and will be redirected to a team or board to start collaborating right away.
If you haven’t received an invitation, you can register with your email address or with Google, Slack, Office 365, Apple ID or Facebook and then create a new team or join an existing one.
- Open sign-up page
- Fill out the Name, Work email, and Password fields
- Check the box I agree to receive Miro news and updates to stay up-to-date on our product releases
- Click Get started now
- If your organization uses Single sign-on, you will be redirected to log in via SSO. Use your identity provider credentials to sign up
- If your email is already registered with Miro, you will see the corresponding message. Log in to Miro with your email to access your profile. You can reset your password if you don't remember it. Check the article Issues with password reset emails if you can’t recover your password
- If your email is new to Miro and you don’t need to log in via SSO, you’ll be redirected to a page to submit your confirmation code
Email confirmation page
- Find the email with the confirmation code in your inbox. You can either click Confirm your email button in the email or enter the code on the confirmation code page
If you haven't received a confirmation code, try the troubleshooting steps from the article Issues with confirmation code emails.
If you don't confirm your email within 7 days, your empty profile will be deleted.
Speed up the registration process by signing up with your existing Google, Facebook, Slack, Office 365 account or Apple ID.
- Open the sign-up page
- Choose a service to sign up with and log in
✏️ When signing up with Apple ID for the first time, you may choose whether to share your email or hide your email. If you choose Share my email, your Apple ID email will be used as your Miro profile email. If you select Hide my email, a brand new email will be generated for your profile - you will need to use this email to log in to Miro. Miro notifications will still come to the email associated with your Apple ID. Sign in with Apple is available for iPhone (iOS 13 and higher), iPad (iPadOS 13 and higher), web version, or Desktop app.
Creating or joining a Miro team
A team in Miro is a space where users can create, store, and share their boards and projects.
If you were invited or provisioned to a Miro team prior to registering your profile, after signing up you’ll be redirected to the team right away to start collaborating with your colleagues and friends. If you need to create additional teams, check the article How to create a team in Miro.
If you weren’t invited to any teams, when signing up for the first time, you’ll be suggested to create one or join your corporate team.
As you create your first team, you can add collaborators right away.
Inviting team members when creating a Miro team
If there are teams open for users within your domain, you’ll be able to join or request access to the teams. The request will be sent to Admins. While waiting for the Admin's approval, you can create your own team.
The options to join a corporate team or create a new one when registering with Miro
Adding your profile details
Once you create your profile, go to your Profile settings to add a photo and profile information.
✏️ If there is no activity in your Miro profile for two weeks, you will be logged out of Miro automatically for security purposes.
Next step: How to create a Miro board