Available for: Team, Business, Consultant and Enterprise plans; all browsers except IE
Set up by: Confluence/Miro Team Admin
With Miro plugin for Confluence, you can share and view boards right on your Confluence pages.
Take your workflow in Confluence to a whole new level: enrich project descriptions with zoomable user story maps, low-fidelity prototypes, system architecture diagrams and everything else you create in Miro.
- Enabling the plugin
- Adding boards to Confluence pages
2.2. Which boards will I be able to add?
- Disabling the plugin
⚠️ If any technical issues arise during the installation, please refer to our article about Possible Atlassian Issues and How to Resolve them.
Enabling the plugin
- First, download Miro plugin for Confluence here by clicking Get in now.
- Run the wizard to install the plugin. Then click the plugin on the list of your installed add-ons and then click Configure:
The options to manage the installed plugin
- You'll see the following page where you will need to provide your Confluence group data:
Plugin settings page in Jira
You can now connect your Confluence groups and your Miro Teams using your Team Access Keys.
✏️ The teams and groups can be connected in any order you need, for instance, one team - to all the groups or vice versa.
⚠️ Please keep your key confidential to prevent anyone else from setting the integration with your team and seeing your boards in Confluence.
- Now log into your Miro profile, open the Account Settings > Apps & Integrations > Integrations section > Confluence Server Plugin > Click Show more.
You will then be able to copy your key:
The Confluence plugin on the list of your Miro account's apps
- Paste the Team Access Key to the corresponding field in Confluence and click Connect. When Miro Team and Confluence group are connected successfully you'll see the key accepted below the field (if you connect several Miro teams - which is surely possible, - you will see several Keys listed):
Team Access Key is successfully registered
Adding boards to Confluence pages
✏️ To be able to see the boards on the Confluence pages a Confluence user does not necessarily need to be registered with Miro. If a Confluence user has access to the Confluence page, then they will be able to see the board.
- To add a board when the plugin is installed and the integration is enabled click Insert more content > Miro:
Miro plugin on the list of additional content options
- If your group is connected to several Miro teams, first choose the team account, then click the board preview and press Insert:
The board picker on the Confluence page
- Highlight the board to choose its size or remove it from the page:
The options to edit the embedded board
After you add the board to your Confluence page, you can zoom in the board, go to full-screen mode or open the board by clicking its name:
A board as seen on the Confluence page
⚠️ Which boards will I be able to add?
To be able to add a board to a page, a user needs to be a part of the Confluence group the page belongs to. When opening the board picker they only see the boards of those Miro teams that were associated with the Confluence groups of which the user is a member.
Please note that the board has to be either shared with the team or public. Private boards (where the board owner has not shared them) remain private and you will not see them in the menu even if you are the owner.
If the board owner restricts access to the board after it was added to Confluence, you'll see the following notice:
This board is not shared with your Miro profile
Disabling the plugin
To disable the plugin go to Confluence Administration > Add-ons > Miro Integration > Disable:
The option to disable the plugin in your Confluence