Available for: public boards only
Available to: board editors
Embedding a board created in Miro is a great way to share your work with your blog followers or visitors of your website without sending invitations. All the changes you make to the board will be reflected in the embedded window.
The Customer Journey Demo Board is embedded into this article in the free-roam mode
You can find the Embed option in the Export menu, as shown below.
Embed option in Miro
After clicking the Embed option you will see the embed menu. You will need to enable public access feature (you will see the notification at the top) and then you will be able to define the settings for the embed window:
- Set the preferred size for the embed window
- Choose whether to allow the viewer to pan around and view the board freely or to only allow them to switch between existing frames (for a better experience with the Presentation mode, you can enable smooth transitions between frames).
The embed settings window
As a final step, copy the iframe code and use it for your website or blog.
We'd also recommend checking your board Start view at this point which will define which part of the board will be first shown when the embed is activated. You can set the start view by right-clicking on the canvas and choosing the corresponding option.
Setting the start view
💡 If you want to enable the autoplay of the board (no need to click the placeholder to load the board), add /?autoplay=yep after the board URL to the iFrame code. Here is the example - iFrame code of Customer Journey (Demo Board) embedded into the beginning of this article:
frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
⚠️ Please note that if you stop sharing the board publicly after embedding it - the embedded board will not be shown. The embed window will only display the Miro logo.
⚠️ Note that if your board contains a lot of images or other uploaded resources - the loading time of the embedded board will be longer than that of the source board: we use previews on Miro boards, only fully loading the resources when you zoom into them, while the embed always loads the resources in full right away.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I embed boards with the help of iFrame code if I'm a Free plan user?
- Yes, you can embed any Miro board regardless of the plan.
2. There're no links or comments on my Miro boards embedded with the help of iFrame code. Is it a bug?
- No, at the moment, links and comments are not displayed on embedded boards.
3. Can I remove the Miro logo on embedded boards?
- No, it's not currently possible.