Available for: Team, Consultant, Business, Enterprise plans
Organizing your workflow and tracking progress via Asana? With our new plugin, you can now import Asana tasks to Miro boards! Feel free to synchronize Miro projects with Asana tasks, easily share them with your Miro collaborators and use in interactive templates.
- Importing Asana cards via in-app picker.
- Filtering Asana cards in the in-app picker.
- Changing a card view while zooming in/out.
✏️ You can also embed Miro boards in Asana projects. Learn more on this Asana page.
In this article:
- How to set up and uninstall Asana cards
1.1. How to install Asana cards on the team level
1.2. How to install Asana cards on the Personal level
1.3. How to uninstall Asana cards
- How to use Asana cards
2.1. How to import Asana cards
2.2. How to use Asana cards on boards
- Frequently asked questions
How to set up and uninstall Asana cards
The integration is configured on both team and personal levels. First, set up the plugin on a team level (can be done by a team member who is allowed to install apps). Once the plugin is installed, a user who is going to import Asana cards must connect their Asana profile with Miro.
How to install Asana cards on the team level
⚠️ Non-admin users can't install the app if it's not allowed in settings.
- Open Miro Marketplace and install the Asana Cards app.
Asana cards app in Miro Marketplace
- You will be asked to select the team in which you’d like to install Asana cards. Select a team and click Install & authorize.
Asana Cards authorization
- The next step is to click Connect in the Asana cards in-app settings.
Asana Cards app settings in Team settings
- Allow Asana Connect to access your Asana account. If you’re not logged in the app at the moment, you’ll be asked to authorize yourself in Asana.
Allowing Miro to access Asana account
How to install Asana cards on the personal level
Once the plugin is installed on the team level, every team member who would like to import their Asana cards to Miro boards needs to authorize with their Asana login credentials in Miro.
⚠️ Team members can install the Asana cards application only if it's installed on the Team level.
1. You will find the Asana cards icon on the boards' toolbar.
Asana Cards on the toolbar
2. After clicking the icon you will be prompted to install Asana cards for your personal use. Click Continue and then please follow steps 2, 3 and 4 described above.
Configuring Asana cards on the Personal level
How to uninstall Asana cards
In order to uninstall Asana cards on the Team level, open Account settings > Apps & Integrations > Asana cards > App settings, scroll down and click Uninstall for team.
Uninstalling Asana cards for a team
If you’d like to uninstall the app on the Personal level, please click Uninstall for me.
Uninstalling Asana cards for a user
How to use Asana cards
How to import Asana cards
Once you connect Miro with your Asana account, feel free to add Asana cards to your Miro boards. To get the picker, please click the Asana cards icon on the toolbar.
The picker will give an option to filter the tasks. Firstly, please choose a workspace and then filter the cards by Projects, Tags or Assignees. The list of Projects is sorted by creation date.
Importing Asana cards to a board
Click the Source button to go to the card source.
The card's source button
The picker will display only those tasks that are accessible by you on Asana side. If a Miro user opens the source page of a task to which they don’t have access, they will see the corresponding message.
Though there's no option to create or edit Asana cards on the Miro side yet, all the changes made on Asana side are automatically displayed in Miro (please note that there can be a slight delay).
How to use Asana cards on boards
Adding Asana cards to Kanban
Frequently asked questions
- What IPs should be allowlisted for Asana cards?
- 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52.