The updated Miro board user interface is currently in closed beta and is available to select Miro users. Public beta will be announced separately in October 2021.
Since the last board UI update, our product has significantly evolved and now supports robust workflows like meetings & workshops experience, and is widely used outside of product teams by users with varying degrees of familiarity with canvas-based tools. We have also grown our ecosystem and now offer dozens of apps and integrations both built in-house and by our partners.
That is why we are updating our board UI to:
- reduce the complexity and make core functionality more intuitive and delightful for our users
- improve discoverability of apps and integrations to empower our users to make the most of Miro
- make using Miro experience across various platforms and devices more consistent to accommodate the new requirements of hybrid work
Who gets to test the updated board UI?
We released this update to select Miro users who signed up for the closed beta. We will be separately announcing the public beta later in October 2021.
What is new?
- We grouped related controls and features for easier discovery
- top left: updated board settings menu
- bottom right: board controls (zooming in and out is now easier!)
- undo/redo commands are now a part of the main toolbar
- Key collaboration features like timer and voting now have a more prominent entry point in the top right corner
- We added the navigation bar with frames and comments lists, which makes it easier to interact with large boards – can be opened by clicking the icon in the bottom left corner of the board
- We deprecated cards panel and the lifebuoy that triggered onboarding into several features (e.g. tables)
- We removed the entry point into screen sharing from the board UI (can still be accessed via Miro's native video chat app)
We will be making more tweaks and fixing bugs in the upcoming weeks based on your feedback – please, let us know what you think via this feedback form.
What are the known bugs?
- The 'Redo' button overlaps tool sub-menus in the main toolbar
- When Notes are updated, users don't see the blue dot notifying them about the update
- Voting session breaks the embeds
Can I request to roll back this update?
Yes, and there are two options for you to choose from:
- You will see 'New UI' label next to Miro logo in the top right corner of your board. Click on it, and then click on 'Switch tab to previous UI'. It will revert the board UI to its previous version only for you and only for the board you are working on for the duration of your session.
- Reach out to Miro support team if you want us to turn the beta off for all of your account.
Please, note, the roll-back will be temporary, and you will be getting the updated board UI when it's rolled out to all Miro users in 2022.
How can I give feedback?