Miro Smart Meetings is a new bundle of tools that lets you run the most engaging and effective meetings and workshops. It’s simple and intuitive, giving you a single space to launch activities and view content. Teams collaborate while you control the session — and lead them to big things.
Miro Smart Meetings will be included in the Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans after the beta period.
✏️ Users enrolled in the Smart Meetings beta have the option to enable visitor names. Learn more.
Two simple steps to set it up
Access Smart Meetings in the upper-right corner of your board: click the Meeting button to open the Meeting panel. On this panel, you can define and navigate the meeting content and decide what the participants’ experience will be like during a meeting.
Miro smart meetings
Step 1: add frames
Those frames will essentially be slides shown to your meeting participants during the meeting. Note that anything that's outside of frames won't be included in the meeting content.
You will have 4 options: create a new frame, pick some of the existing frames on the board, add all frames from the board, or start with a template.
Creating a frame for the meeting
If you choose to create new frames, add content to the frames. The content will be displayed to board collaborators during the meeting.
If you choose to use a template, the picker with Miro templates will open for you.
You can also add frames from the board: select a frame, choose add frame to meeting on the context menu.
Select a frame on the panel to:
- Set up the duration of the slide while your presentation
Adding the duration of a slide
- Add an activity to the frame such as voting, timer, or breakout frames. You will be able to initiate the activity on the particular frame during your meeting with one click:
- Breakout frames. Use breakouts to divide collaborators into groups to let them work together on a specific frame. Set up breakouts in advance, so that you can start your activity with a few clicks when it’s time to meet
- Voting. Set up an anonymous voting session by configuring the number of votes per person, duration, etc., and save it for later use during the meeting
- Timer. Use the timer to track your time while running a whiteboarding session
Click on the activity to open up the activity panel and see what it would look like.
Adding voting activity to a slide
Simply drag slides to change their sequence in the presentation. You can select multiple frames while holding Cmd or Shift (for Mac)/Ctrl (for Windows) and move them together.
Changing the sequence of slides
If you need to delete a frame from your meeting, select and click the trash button. You can also remove all frames at once and start from scratch.
Click Clear All in the bottom right corner of the panel to remove all slides
Step 2: set up your participant permissions
In the Participants experience section, define which tools your meeting participants should use during the meeting. Switch the toggle on in order to simplify the use of the board for new users; switch the toggle off if you would like to allow participants to use some tools and choose the tools.
Settings up participants' permissions during your meeting
Running the meeting
As soon as you start the meeting, you’ll be automatically switched over to the participant view — while having access to facilitator tools through shortcuts or simply switching back to facilitator view by clicking Edit board to edit meeting content on the fly.
Starting the meeting and switching to the facilitator view
All frames added to the meeting will be automatically locked to prevent them from accidental moving.
Click the Next and Prev buttons or select particular frames from the list to switch between slides. Participants are guided through the slides as you switch.
Quickly initiate voting, timer, or breakouts that you’ve added to your slides while preparing the meeting and interact with your participants.
Starting breakout frames
How it works for your participants
Once the meeting starts, editors on the board will see the notification in the top-right corner and will be brought to the frame that you’re presenting. Participants don't need to do anything additional to connect to the meeting aside from entering the board where the meeting is hosted.
Meeting in progress notification
Depending on the settings that you chose while preparing the meeting, participants will or will not be able to use tools. Users will still be able to perform other actions such as moving and deleting objects on the board.
✏️ Your meeting participants' experience on the board will immediately change as soon as you start the meeting (e.g. they will only have sticky notes on the toolbar if you configured that in the meeting settings).
✏️ The simplified participant experience changes will only be reflected for editors, while the normal board experience will stay the same for commenters and viewers.
A meeting outline will be visible to participants and will enable them to get to the current agenda item with one click on the blue arrow. Note that the feature is available in the new board interface only.
Smart meeting participant's view
Finishing your meeting
Once you finish the meeting, click Stop on the panel. The meeting also stops automatically when everyone leaves the board.
The option to stop the meeting
Templates for Smart meetings are available in the Meetings & Workshops section on the template picker and have the Smart meetings tag on them. There are two ways to start using the templates:
- open the template picker, select a template, and click Use
- start creating a meeting and choose Start with a template on the Meeting panel
Smart meetings templates
Saving your meeting as a template
You can save your meeting as a template and use it later. Open the board export menu and choose Save board as template. The template will be saved to the library of your Personal or Shared custom templates.
Saving the board with the meeting as a template
Frequently asked questions
- Will my meeting continue if I close the board?
- Yes, the board will be shown for other participants in the meeting mode until you click Stop on the meeting panel. If everyone leaves the board, the meeting will stop automatically.
- Can multiple presenters work in Smart Meetings?
- Yes, on Consultant and Enterprise plans. The board owner needs to make everyone who needs to present a co-owner of the board. From there, co-owners will be able to access and utilize all facilitator functionalities.