Miro users can share their boards with collaborators and restrict access at any moment.
How to check your board sharing settings
To see who has access to your board, open the board Share menu. You can do that from your dashboard or from within the board.
Opening the board Share menu from the dashboard
The Share button in the top-right corner of the board
A board can be shared on different levels:
- team (anyone at the team can view/comment/edit)
- Company (every user in the account can access the board via link, available on Enterprise plan only)
- public (anyone with the board link can view/comment/edit as a visitor)
- project (every project participant can view/comment/edit depending on their role in the project)
- board (specific users invited to the board via email)
Sharing settings show emails of users invited to the board
A board may be shared on different levels at the same time. The level with higher access applies to a user. Please see examples:
- If a team member was invited to a board via email as a commenter and anyone at the team can edit the board, the team level access applies to the user and they can edit the board
- If a board is shared publicly with edit access (Anyone with the link can edit), every user on the board can change its content
What the icons next to the Share button mean
The board is shared with specific users via email:
The board is shared with the team:
The board is shared via a public link (accessible by anyone who has the link):
The board is shared with the Company:
The board is private and not shared with anyone:
Who can change the board sharing settings
Board owners, co-owners, and editors who are members of the team where the board is stored can share and restrict access to the board. Board owners and co-owners on paid plans can configure sharing permissions and withdraw the editors’ option to change board access and to invite other users.
Board access on Free plan
Please note that boards stored in free teams can be accessed by all team members. To create private boards, please upgrade your team.
Board Share menu on Free plan