Changing your profile email
In order to change the email associated with your profile, go to the Profile settings > Profile details and click Change email in the Email Address section.
The option to change email in the Profile settings
⚠️ You won't be able to change your email to the one which is already registered with Miro.
Enter a new email address, the current password, and click Update email.
Entering a new email in the Profile settings
The confirmation link will be sent to the new email address. Open your inbox and find the message. After clicking Confirm your email address you'll be redirected to Miro in a browser. Make sure that in the browser you are authorized in Miro under your old email address.
The email with the link to confirm the new email address
A notification Your email has been changed will be sent to your old email address.
⚠️ You cannot change your email in the Profile settings if Single sign-on is enabled in your account. It needs to be changed on your identity provider side and on the Miro side. Please reach out to Miro Support Team for assistance.
Frequently asked questions
- I get the error Password in user profile not set when trying to change my email. How do I fix that?
- Log out and go to the password recovery page. Enter the email you use to log in to Miro and click Continue. We will send you the password reset instructions. Click the link in the received email, create a new password and click Continue.
Once your password is set, please, log in to Miro using your email and the newly created password and change your email.
- I clicked the Update email button but I did not get any confirmation email. How can I find it?
- Check your Spam, Promotions, Junk, Social, and Updates folders to see if the confirmation email is there.
It also may be that a firewall is preventing the email from reaching your inbox. Please reach out to your system administrator and ask them to allowlist our domains and subdomains: miro.com*, *.miro.com, mirostatic.com*, *.mirostatic.com and realtimeboard.com*, *.realtimeboard.com. Here is an article with more information on the mailers you need to allowlist.
- After clicking the email change confirmation link, I was brought to the registration page and signed up with my new email address. Now I have two profiles and cannot change my old email to the new one. How can I fix that?
- Log in with your new email address and delete the profile (please make sure you do not delete any content that you may need). Then log in with your old email and change it to the new one in settings.