Embed your Miro boards to collaborate with your partners, colleagues, and clients across other websites and apps.
Who can do it: board editors
Relevant for: all plans
Embed boards in supported apps
Miro has a number of supported apps where you can easily share your Miro boards.
When you embed a Miro board into another app, you can set access rights specifically for users of the app and allow them to view, comment, or edit the board from within the app. Access to the board on the Miro side won’t be affected. Learn how sharing and permissions work for embedded boards.
Read our how-to embed guides for some of our most popular integrations:
You can find more supported apps in the Miro Marketplace.
Embed boards with the embed code
For all other websites and platforms that support iFrame, you can embed Miro boards using an embed code. Some examples include WordPress and WebFlow.
Below are examples of Miro boards embedded into this page our using an embed code.
The Customer Journey Map board embedded into this article with a view-only access
The Customer Journey Map board embedded into this article in the Presentation mode
How to get the embed code
To get the embed code of a Miro board:
- Go to the board menu in the top left of your board
- Click on the Export icon
- Click Embed
Alternatively, you can click Share in the top-right corner of the board and select Get embed code in the bottom-left corner of the Share window
- You’ll see an embed window with the option to change the board sharing settings and make it available for other users. Note that you may need to set your board to public access before embedding it. Learn more about setting sharing permissions
- Select Free navigation or Presentation, depending on how you want users to navigate the embedded board.
- If you select Free navigation, you can set the start view. The start view is the part of the board that is first shown on the embed. However, users can freely navigate around the board, and don’t view content on the board in any specific order.
- Another option is to allow board visitors to switch between frames in presentation mode. Choose Presentation mode on the embed menu and select the frame you want to be displayed first on the embed. If the board does not have frames, you will be prompted to create one.
✏️ You can set different start views for different embeds of the same Miro board.
⚠️ Currently, links and videos are not clickable on boards embedded in presentation mode.
Customize the embed size by changing the width and height parameters on the embed window
To copy the code, simply click it
Getting the embed code of a Miro board
Go to a website or a platform where you would like to embed the board and insert the copied code in the page code.
How to allow users to view, comment on or edit your embedded board
Access to a board embedded with the embed code depends on the sharing status of the board in Miro and is the same as on the Miro side. To make the embed available for users who don’t have Miro profiles, make your boards public/accessible by anyone with the board link on the board Share window.
Making a board public in share settings
If you switch off the public link, then users who do not have direct access to the board in Miro won’t be able to view it. Learn how to check who has access to your board.
✏️ The option to allow anyone with the board link to edit the board is available on paid and Education plans only.
✏️ Enterprise plan admins can allow or restrict public sharing in the Security settings.
How to enable autoplay
By default, Miro embed opens with a pre-loader screen. The name of the board is displayed, and the user is prompted to click the button See the board to load the board content or request access to the board if the board is not public.
If you want your board content to load for users without the need to click See the board button, enable the board autoplay.
<iframe width="768" height="432" src="https://miro.com/app/live-embed/boardkey/?moveToViewport=-3099,-2331,6592,3135&autoplay=yep" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Add &embedAutoplay=true after the board URL to the iframe code. Example:
<iframe width="768" height="432" src="https://miro.com/app/live-embed/boardkey/?moveToViewport=-3099,-2331,6592,3135&embedAutoplay=true" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowFullScreen></iframe>
⚠️ Autoplay is only applicable if the Miro board is embedded in external web pages. The play button will always remain if you embed a Miro board in another Miro board.
How an embedded board is displayed for users
The board interface of a board embedded into a website is slightly different from the board interface in the Miro app/in a separate browser tab:
- The board name in the top-left corner of embedded boards is unclickable
- The mini-map panel and notes do not open automatically as you open the embed
- In the board settings, you will not find such options as Set start view, Discover apps and tools, and Profile settings
- In the export menu, only these options are available: Save as template, Send to GoogleDrive, Add to JIRA, Send to interactive display
- All pop-ups are disabled on embedded boards
⚠️ Note that due to iframe technology limitations, sometimes the loading time of an embedded board can be longer than usual.
⚠️ If third-party cookies are blocked in your browser, there can be unexpected issues displaying embedded boards.
⚠️ On mobile devices, embedded boards are currently available for viewing only.
Frequently asked questions
Learn more about embedding media to boards.