Stickies capture allows you to convert real stickies to fully editable Miro sticky notes. Share them and collaborate in real-time, turn them into Jira tasks or make a part of digital diagrams, templates, and more.
How to convert stickies on your smartphone
- Download Miro Mobile app (iOS, Android).
- Open a board where you would like to place stickies.
- Tap on the plus sign to open the menu and choose the Stickies capture icon.
Stickies capture on the toolbar in Mobile app
- Choose the existing photo or take a new one.
The options to take a photo or choose from library to capture stickies
- If some stickies were not recognized correctly, tap on these stickies to add or edit contours. Then tap Add to board. Enable the toggle Convert to text so that your stickies are editable on the board.
Capturing sticky notes
💡 Don't spend much time editing the selection of a sticky note, it will be converted into a Miro sticky note either way.
- Your captured stickies will appear on the board. You can edit them: change text, colors, etc.
Sticky notes digitized with Miro stickies capture
⚠️ If the text on a sticky note was not recognized, then this note will appear on the board as an image.
✏️ Stickies capture can digitize only English text. But you can still digitize stickies as images if you turn off Convert to text toggle in step 5.
How to convert stickies on the Tablet App or in web version
- Open a board where you would like to add stickies.
- Tap the Stickies capture icon on the toolbar.
Stickies capture on the toolbar in Tablet app
- Choose the existing photo from your device.
- If some stickies are not recognized correctly, click on these stickies to add or edit contours. Then tap Add to board.
- Your captured stickies will appear on the board. You can edit them: change text, colors, add tags, etc.
💡 Digitized stickies look much better if you follow the simple rules:
- Write notes using a dark felt-tip pen which contrasts with the note color.
- Don't overlap your sticky notes.
- Stick notes separately on a monochrome surface.
- Take a photo in a room with good lighting and avoid dark shadows.