From a spark of inspiration to a quick start for any project, Miro offers a variety of templates to help you boost your creativity and productivity.
From Design Thinking exercises, Agile rituals, frameworks for decision making, our template library has more than 150 custom-crafted templates designed for everyday use cases that'll have you collaborating in a matter of seconds.
💡 Couldn't find the template you need? Send us your idea and we might add it to the library in the future.
Finding and using templates to get started
Browse the template gallery to get started with a pre-made framework or combine different templates to keep your project moving forward.
- Your dashboard is your jumping-off point for starting something fresh
- The template picker. Your custom templates will be available here along with select Miro-made and Community-made Miroverse templates
- The Miro website. You can find all of the Miro-made templates on miro.com/templates
- Miroverse. You can find all of the Community-made templates on miro.com/miroverse
From your dashboard
To add a template board from the dashboard, select a template or click Show all templates to open the template picker. Once you choose a template, a new board will be created.
Templates on Miro dashboard
The option to hide templates on the dashboard
Once you do this, templates will appear on the left side of the dashboard under Starred boards. Click the button to open the template picker.
Hidden templates on the dashboard
Enterprise plan users have the template panel hidden by default.
From the template picker
To add a template to your existing board choose templates on the toolbar. Select a template from the template picker and add it to your board.
Templates on the toolbar
Template picker allows you to easily browse our 150+ templates, including the best-in-class templates made by Miroverse creators. Use search to easily find a template that best meets your needs. The search is also applied to all custom templates.
Search in template picker
Browse top use cases using categories, topic tags, and featured templates. Learn all about a template with template authors, interactive previews, and educational resources.
Browsing template picker and checking template preview
Decide if you’d like to start with pre-filled example content or just the framework.
The options to use a pre-filled or blank template on the template preview
If you prefer to start from scratch, deselect Show when creating a new board, and the template picker will no longer show up every time a new board is created. You can always open the template picker again from the toolbar.
Disabling the option to show the template picker every time you create a board
💡 Facilitators and champions onboarding new users to Miro can take advantage of the How to templates available in the Building Blocks section. Each template includes an image showing where to find the tool, a short gif demonstrating it, and an exercise to try it out. Feel free to use the templates when organizing workshops and meetings.
How to templates
Mix and match templates
You can add as many templates to your board as you need. Combine frameworks and activities from multiple templates to seamlessly continue collaborating on the same board. Simply navigate to the template picker from your chosen board and select any pre-made template or one of your own.
When the template is added, the elements are automatically ungrouped. You can individually click on an object in order to move or edit it. If you'd like to move more than one object at once, you can group them or create a frame around them. You can copy template elements and paste them if you need to add more similar items. Feel free to select all elements of a template to move it or delete it if you don't need it on your board.
Grouping / ungrouping elements in a template
Sharing links for templates
Get team members up to speed on how you'd recommend using Miro in seconds, not hours. Sharing links help you direct others to quickly find the right template and extend the reach of recommended resources.
Navigate to the template you want to share and you can copy the sharing link in two ways:
- Click the three dots on the context menu and select Copy link
- Click Preview to see the template details and select Copy link to share in the top right
The option to copy the template link
Creating a custom template
If you constantly rebuild or repeat the same activities, or any time you see people copy-pasting a lot, you've found yourself a great candidate for a custom template. Standardize processes and avoid wasting time duplicating efforts by creating custom templates visible to you and your team. Learn more about creating, sharing, and editing custom templates (available on Team, Business, Consultant, Enterprise, and Education plans).
Custom templates on the picker
Frequently asked questions
- Can I import a template from another service to Miro?
- No, but feel free to use any template from the Miro template library or create your custom templates.
- Can I access the template picker from the Mobile app?
- No, this is not currently possible.
- Are Miro templates free?
- Yes, templates from the library and picker are free while custom templates are supported on paid and Education plans only.
- Can I create a template board so that other users can copy it to their teams?
- Yes, enable board copying in the board settings and share the board with other users. Registered Miro users will be able to duplicate the board to their own accounts.
If custom templates are available in your team, you can create your own template and share it with your team. Learn more here.