Set up by: Board owner
In this article:
- Restoring a board from Trash on paid and Education plans
- Restoring a board via URL on Free plan
- Frequently asked questions
⚠️ Deleted boards can only be restored within 30 days since they were deleted. Only Board owners can restore a deleted board.
💡 You can protect your boards from accidental removal by saving backups.
Restoring a board from Trash on paid and Education plans
Set up by: Board owner
Available for: Team, Business, Enterprise, Consultant, Education plans
Available on: browser version, Desktop app, Tablet app
Trash bin allows you to browse and restore all recently deleted boards.
The Trash bin icon can be found on the dashboard under the Projects section
The boards will be stored and available for restoration for 30 days only. To restore the board, hover over the board thumbnail and click Restore. You will also see how many days for restoration are left, when and by whom the board was deleted.
The Restore button and all the details will appear when you hover over the board thumbnail
The restored board will appear on the dashboard in the All boards section.
✏️ If a user was removed from the account and their boards were deleted altogether, the Admin to whom the content was reassigned will see those boards in the Trash bin and will be able to restore them. In that case, the Admin becomes the Owner of the restored board.
Restoring a board via URL on Free plan
If you have accidentally deleted your board from a free team, there is nothing to worry about - you can easily restore it, as long as you have a URL to it. The easiest way to find the link is to search for the name of the board in your browser history or the email inbox. Once you’ve recovered the link and opened it in your browser, you will see this window:
The option to restore the board
Click Restore the board and your deleted board will appear on the dashboard.
The URLs usually look the following way:
In case you don't have a URL, feel free to reach out to Miro Support and let us know the name of the board and the date it was deleted - we will check if it is possible to recover the board on our side.
Frequently asked questions
- I lost my board. What do I do?
- Go to Trash and check if you can restore the board from there. If you're on Free plan or cannot find the board in Trash:
1) try to find the board link in your browser history or inbox and restore it by following the link;
2) check all teams by switching between them on the left sidebar of your dashboard;
3) make sure you're authorized in Miro under the correct email (if you have several Miro profiles).
💡 If the board was located in a paid or Education team, check your custom templates with a similar name - it is possible that you initially created a template and not a board.
It is also possible that you were deleted from the team where your board was located. When removing a user, the Admin can reassign the user's boards or delete them. If they remove the boards, they will still be able to restore them within 30 days after the deletion.
- I deleted content on my board. Can I restore it?
- Yes, learn more in the article Restoring board content.
- I cannot see the Trash icon on my dashboard. Why?
- Please note that Trash is only available on the dashboard of paid and Education teams. A board deleted from a free team can be restored via the board link.
- I deleted my team. Is it possible to restore the boards that belonged to the team?
- Please note that removing a team leads to permanent deletion of boards in it and they cannot be restored via UI.