Enhance team collaboration anytime, anywhere with the Miro mobile app. Stay connected and in sync with your team's progress, engage in dynamic brainstorming with ideas and sticky notes, and offer continuous input through seamless commenting.
Download the Miro mobile app
✏️If you're having trouble using the Miro app on your phone, visit Troubleshooting mobile and tablet device issues.
Features available in the Miro mobile app
- Sticky notes (including tags, emojis, and author labels)
- Comments, and follow a comment thread
- Photo uploads
- Pen drawings and highlighter
- Stickies capture
- Single Sign-On
Features with limited availability or functionality
Many Miro features are not supported on mobile. This includes templates, board export, presentation mode, video chat, voting, and starred boards. You also cannot change your subscription or add licenses in the Mobile app or mobile browsers.
The mobile app currently provides limited functionality for some features:
|Creating and sharing boards||No edit access for Visitors|
|Projects||Filtering boards by projects|
- iOS Users: iOS 12 or later
- Android Users: Android 6 or later
If the app isn’t compatible with your phone, you can still access the following Miro features through your mobile browser:
- View boards: Access and view content.
- Leave comments: Tap and hold on your screen to add a comment.
Navigating the mobile app
💡Make sure you're using the latest version of the Miro mobile app to enjoy updated and improved navigation controls.
Use filters to sort and customize your dashboard. Access filters in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
Filtering boards in the app
Switching between teams
To switch teams, tap the team icon in the top-left corner, then select your desired team from the list.
Switching between teams in the app
Miro app toolbars
When you open a Miro board, you will see several toolbars:
- Home: opens the dashboard
- Team feed
- Board search
- Board menu
- Plus (+): opens the main toolbar. Here you can access tools like sticky notes, frames, and text.
Board interface in the Mobile app
How to work on a board in the app
Touch gestures for mobile app
- Swipe to pan around the board.
- Long tap and drag to select multiple objects.
- Pinch to zoom in and out.
- Double tap on a board to zoom in.
- Double tap and swipe up or down to zoom in or out.
- Swipe up and down off the edge of the screen to zoom in or out.
- Select an object and tap Edit to edit the object.
- Double tap on the object to add text.
- Long tap on the object to move it.
How to edit board objects
When you open a board in the mobile app, it will be in view-only mode by default. This allows you to easily pan around the board without moving objects.
- Select the object and tap Edit.
- Double tap on the object to start adding text.
- Long tap on the object to move it immediately.
How to view board details
Press the three dot menu in the top right corner to view the board details, change the board cover and update board access.
Board menu in Mobile app
Managing user and board preferences
Under Board settings you can enable or disable user cursors, board grid, snap objects, as well as choose whether to show resolved comments.
Board settings in the Mobile app
Edit access requests
When someone requests edit access to a board, the board owner receives a push notification from the Miro app. They can then click the notification to easily navigate to the board and grant the requester edit access.
Board voiceover support
Users who require assistance with visual elements can enable the voiceover function, available on iOS and Android. Simply turn on voiceover in your phone settings to use it with Miro.
When voiceover is turned on, it will read out loud what's on your screen when you select items. This helps you hear what's on the app, so you can create and view content more easily.
When you first sign in to the app, we'll ask if you want to turn on push notifications. This way, you'll always know when a team member mentions you on a board. You can turn off these notifications anytime in the app Settings.
This only applies to push notifications on your smartphone. Learn how to turn off email notifications and newsletters.
Click the avatar to open the profile settings
Frequently asked questions
Yes, to add a link, first copy it. Then, tap the create (+) button located at the bottom right corner of the board. Select Upload and then Paste from clipboard. Your link will be pasted onto the board.