The Shape tool allows you to create various shapes that can be used in flowcharting, diagramming, and for many other purposes.
In this article:
There are 4 simple ways to add shapes to the board:
- Select Shape on the toolbar or press S on your keyboard, choose the one you would like to add and click your board.
- Drag and drop Shape from the toolbar right to the board.
- Click anywhere on the board and drag your cursor holding the left mouse button.
- Double-click anywhere on the board to add the last created shape.
To see the full list of Shapes click All shapes. To collapse the list click Basic shapes.
Opening the full list of shapes
💡 Though the library of shapes is limited, you can find icons of different shapes in Icon databases.
Select a shape to change its style, color, and transparency. You can style the borders by choosing the right color, transparency, thickness, and type.
Styling a shape
Use the white nodes to change the dimensions of a shape. Drag the arrow icon to rotate the shape.
Changing the shape's size and rotating the shape
You can select several shapes at once and style them all.
To change a shape size without changing its ratio, hold down Shift just like you would in any other graphics software.
Changing the shape size
Use Alt (Option for Mac) to change a shape's ratio while keeping its center attached to the same place.
The option to convert a shape
Adding text to shapes
To add text to a shape, double-click it or select it and press Enter. Shapes have a limit of 6,000 symbols.
Adding text to a shape
Feel free to use different text formatting options: you can change the text size, font, style, alignment, color and highlight the text. Note that bullet points are not supported in shapes, please use text instead.
Changing text inside a shape
Frequently asked questions
- Where can I find more shapes?
- Feel free to check Icon databases and use icons instead. You can also build your own shapes on the board with the help of existing shapes and connection lines.
- Can I add a right-angled triangle?
- No but you can add an isosceles triangle.
- Can I change the radius on the corners of a rounded rectangle?
- The radius is changed as soon as you change the shape size.
- How do I move a shape?
- Select the shape and simply drag it. Please make sure that the shape is not locked and that you activated the Select tool.
- How do I create a perfect circle?
- Choose circle on the toolbar and click the board. If you modified the circle shape before and the custom one is created when you click the board, reload the board and do the above again.
- How do I align several shapes?
- Learn here how you can align board objects.