Embed media to your boards using the iFrame Embed widget. This feature allows adding thumbnails of the website content such as prototypes, maps, audio, and video files to have quick access to them.
How to embed media
To embed media to your board, click Embed iFrame code in the toolbar. This will open a dialogue box, where you will be able to paste the iFrame code of the file that you wish to upload to the board. Once you paste the link and click Embed, the media will be shown on the board.
⚠️ Please note that the iFrame code limit is up to about 3000 symbols.
Embedding Google Calendar to Miro
The source code window also lists the most popular supported services
To start interacting with the media click the Play icon. Click the three dots to see available object options.
Google Maps preview and the context menu
💡 The easiest way to embed media to your boards is to copy and paste a link to the media to your board using the shortcuts: Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V ( for Windows ) or Cmd+C/Cmd+V ( for Mac ). The board will display media depending on the content of the link.
SoundCloud embed works with both singles and albums
Here is the list of recommended services that can be embedded to Miro boards:
Vimeo (including private and password-protected videos)
✏️ Visual preview can be shown for some services such as YouTube, Vimeo, SlideShare, Typeform (if the media is shared publicly).
✏️ We don't support Airtable view iFrame codes, but you can get the view share link from Airtable (click Share view > copy the link) and paste it onto a Miro board - the link will display the Airtable preview.
⚠️ Mobile app doesn't support displaying media on the board; open the source page to play the media.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I upload a video from my device?
- You cannot upload video files from your device but you can embed videos to boards. Use the workaround: upload the video to a video-sharing platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and simply paste the video link on a board using the shortcuts Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V ( for Windows ) or Cmd+C/Cmd+V ( for Mac ) . The media will be displayed right on the board.
- Is there a way to start playing a video on my board so that it plays for everyone on the board?
- This is not currently possible. Please ask users to start playing the video on their side.
- Can I see an embedded Youtube video if it is private?
- Yes, if the owner granted access to you. Go to the video source and sign in to Youtube. Click the video play icon on the board again - if you have access to the video, it will play for you.
- Can I embed videos from Google Drive?
- Yes, open the video in Google Drive, click three dots in the top right corner and choose Open in new window. In the new window, click three dots again and choose Embed item. Copy the code and embed it to your Miro board.
- Can I embed a Miro board into another Miro board?
- Yes, copy the embed code of the board (learn more), open another board, choose Embed iFrame code on the board's toolbar and paste the embed code.