Miro smart links
With Miro smart links you can easily add live content from docs, data, insights, and media to your boards. Better manage your projects in Miro by creating a single source of truth, with everything you need right on the board. Interact and share content with your team to get a big picture view, facilitate discussions, and make better decisions.
Miro smart links can be managed by Admins within their App management settings.
What content is supported by Miro smart links?
Miro smart links are compatible with various websites and providers, enabling users to effortlessly incorporate a wide range of content onto their boards. Users can seamlessly add diverse content from the following platforms:
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
Miro is also compatible with Embed.ly. Embed public content from 700+ supported content providers. These smart links cannot be managed by Admins, since it is publicly available content.
- Videos: Vimeo, Loom, Wistia
- Audio and Podcasts: Spotify, SoundCloud
- Documents: SlideShare, Scribd
View the full list of supported links through Embed.ly.
Miro smart links integration details
- Copy and paste a UserTesting video link in Miro to view the content
- You must authorize your UserTesting account with Miro to paste and view UserTesting content on the board
- Content is not embedded on public Miro boards
Learn more about Confluence embedded pages in Miro.
- Copy and paste an Amplitude chart link in Miro to view the content
- You can only embed individual charts, not full dashboards
- Simply refresh the chart in Miro to get the latest data
- Content is not embedded on public boards, and users must authorize Amplitude to view the content
- Copy and paste a YouTube link in Miro to play the video on the board
- Use shortcuts to edit YouTube videos into shorter snippets directly on the board
- Copy and paste a Typeform link to view the survey on the Miro board
- Typeform surveys must be publicly available in order to appear on the board
- Miro users can expand and fill out the survey directly from the board
Embed media to your boards using the iFrame Embed widget. This feature allows adding thumbnails of the website content such as prototypes, maps, audio, and video files to have quick access to them.
How to embed media via iFrame
To embed media to your board, click Embed iFrame code in the toolbar. This will open a dialogue box, where you will be able to paste the iFrame code of the file that you wish to upload to the board. Once you paste the link and click Embed, the media will be shown on the board.
⚠️ Please note that the iFrame code limit is up to about 3000 symbols.
Embedding Google Calendar to Miro
The source code window also lists the most popular supported services
To start interacting with the media click the Play icon. Click the three dots to see available object options.
Google Maps preview and the context menu
SoundCloud embed works with both singles and albums
What content is supported by iFrame Embed?
Here is the list of recommended services that can be embedded via iFrame to Miro boards:
- Google Maps
- Google Calendar
- Vimeo (including private and password-protected videos)
- Рroduct Hunt
✏️ Visual preview can be shown for some services such as YouTube, Vimeo, SlideShare, Typeform (if the media is shared publicly).
✏️ We don't support Airtable view iFrame codes, but you can get the view share link from Airtable (click Share view > copy the link) and paste it onto a Miro board - the link will display the Airtable preview.
⚠️ Mobile app doesn't support displaying media on the board; open the source page to play the media.