Files that can be uploaded to the board from your device or the web
|File type||File formats|
|Images||bmp, gif, svg (as a solid image), jpeg, jpg, png, psd, heic, heif, pdf|
|Tables and spreadsheets||xls, xlsx, csv, ods|
|Text documents||doc, docx, odt, rtf|
|Presentations||ppt, pptx, odp|
Please note that the maximum file size uploaded to the board from any source is 30 MB. The maximum image resolution (from any source) is 32 MP. The restriction for image and PDF dimensions is 8192x4096 pixels.
💡 You can add PDF files with the option to turn pages over or page by page.
💡 Import Google Documents (spreadsheets, documents, and slides) via Google Drive integration with the option to edit them right on the board.
💡 There are several ways to import a spreadsheet: via Upload menu, as sticky notes, or into Miro tables.
💡 If you work with SVG images that contain text be sure to have the text converted to lines so the visual of your file does not depend on the fonts installed on the device of your collaborators.
Frequently asked questions
- What video formats are supported?
- Note that uploading video files to Miro is not currently supported. As a workaround, you can upload a video to a video-sharing platform and embed it to your board.
- Does Miro support uploading transparent PNG images?
- Yes, you can import transparent images to your boards.
- Are animated gifs rendered on Miro boards?
- Yes, you will need to click the play button on an uploaded gif to display it.
- Can the ZIP format be uploaded to Miro?
- No, please extract files before uploading them to Miro. See the list of supported file formats at the top of the page.
- Is it possible to import Keynote, Pages, Numbers formats from Mac to a Miro board?
- The list of supported files does not include the formats, but as a workaround, you may just export your file in Powerpoint/Word/Excel format by clicking on File > Export to > Powerpoint... After this, drag the exported file into Miro.