Visualize your workflow and get more done as a team with our flexible Kanban framework! Miro Kanban can be used in a variety of use cases starting with agile development and ending with your personal task tracking. Meet the new way of effective workflow management with the Kanban template integrated into a whiteboarding process.
In this article:
You can find Kanban in Apps. Feel free to add the tool to your toolbar by simply dragging it.
Kanban on the toolbar
To add Kanban to your board, choose it in Apps or on the toolbar and click the board in the needed place.
Adding Kanban to the board
Columns and swimlanes
Easily add columns to create your own workflow and set swimlanes to separate your work by clicking the plus icons.
Adding columns and swimlanes
Drag and drop swimlanes and columns to change their position in your Kanban.
Moving columns and swimlanes
To rename a column or a swimlane, double-click the heading. You can also add, move, rename, delete columns and swimlanes and change the color of columns - click the three dots to access the options.
Editing options on columns and swimlanes' context menu
💡 Learn more about using Miro cards.
To add a card, click the plus icon inside a swimlane.
Adding a card
Or simply drag an existing card to your Kanban from the board:
Adding a card from the board
Easily drag cards to move them to another column/swimlane.
Moving cards in Kanban
Speed up your work by using the shortcuts:
- Enter to create a new card
- Tab to switch to the next card in a column
- Tab + Shift to switch to the previous card in a column
- ←→↑↓ to select a card
- Ctrl + C and Cmd + V (for Windows), Cmd + C and Cmd + V (for Mac) to duplicate a card
- Ctrl + ↑↓ (for Windows), Cmd + ↑↓ (for Mac) to add a new card below or above
- Escape to exit editing mode.
By clicking a special icon next to the board zoom (in the bottom right corner of the board) you’ll find a short instruction. Please note that the icon appears while you’re editing Kanban.
Kanban on Free plan
A notification after adding two Kanban Frameworks on the Free plan
Frequently asked questions
- Is there an option to add images to Kanban?
- No, you can only add cards.
- Can I add Jira Cards to my Kanban?
- Yes, you can add Jira Cards as any other cards (Asana Cards, Azure Cards). To learn how to set up Jira Cards, take a look at this page.
- Are there automatic reminders based on cards' due date?
- No, this is not currently supported.