When a team you participate in becomes inactive or irrelevant to you, it may be worth it to free up space for your next big thing and leave that team.
Leaving a team
You can leave a team from the dashboard or from team settings.
- Go to the dashboard, click the button with the team name, and choose Leave team.
Getting to Team settings
- In the Team profile section, you’ll see the section with the Leave team button (you may need to scroll down). Based on the team subscription plan and your role in the team, the section may look a bit different. Click on the button and off you go!
You can leave a team from Team profile section in Settings
Note that when leaving a team, you lose access to the boards in this team (including the ones you created).
How it works for Team Admins
When a user leaves, their content ownership is assigned to the earliest Team Admin in the team. Team Admins receive an email notification.
To leave the team as a Team Admin, you may need to assign a new Team Admin before you go. They will be notified about their new role.
If you are the last remaining person in the team, you will only be able to delete it.
Frequently asked questions
- I would like to leave a team without losing my boards in the team. How can I do that?
- Prior to leaving the team, move your boards to another account (team) that you are a member of. If you don't have another account, you can create a paid team by clicking the plus button on the left sidebar of your dashboard.
- I can only see the option to delete my profile. How do I leave a team?
- The option to delete a profile is present in Profile settings and results in losing access to all your Miro data. In order to leave a team, you need to open Team Settings > Team profile. To switch to Team Settings, select the team you'd like to leave in the drop-down menu in the top-left corner.
The drop-down menu showing your teams
Or open Team profile on the left menu if you are a member of one team.
Switching to Team profile from profile Settings
In the Team profile, you will see the option to leave the team.
- How can I leave a board?
- Check out this article.