Available on: Enterprise plan
Set up by: Company Admin/System Administrator
Having a single company-managed subscription is the best way to advance team collaboration, ensure that content is created and stays in your account and simplify security compliance.
Domain Control is a company-level feature that helps to get Miro users from your corporate domains to join your Enterprise subscription. Domain Control reaches both newly registered users and those who use their own Miro accounts. You’ll be able to
- Capture newly registered users into your Enterprise subscription automatically;
- Prevent users with your corporate emails to create their own subscriptions;
- Uncover user activity in your domain and invite users to join your subscription.
List of controlled domains
How to set up
Verify your domain
- Go to Settings > Your Company > Security > Domain Control and click Add a domain button. Type in your domain and click on Request verification.
We'll send you an e-mail with a verification code (this may take some time).
- Go to DNS records of your domain and create a new TXT-record
- Use verification code as the Value field (may also be named Answer or Description);
- Leave Name/Host/Alias field equal @ or blank;
- Set Time to live (TTL) to '86400' (TTL can also be inherited from the default configuration).
After we complete the verification on our end, we'll update you by email.
Set up domain settings
You'll be able to see additional information for your verified domain and open domain settings in the context menu behind three dots.
Domain settings menu
The Number of uncaptured users stands for users in your corporate domain who are not in your subscription.
Request domain audit for insights on users' activity in your domain. Our Success team will get in touch with you shortly to provide the report along with recommendations.
Domain settings control how new users from your domain can join your subscription and if a new subscription can be created using your corporate email:
- Off: newly registered users will have the chance to request an invitation in your subscription, but won't be able to join or learn any details about it without Company Admin's approval.
- Capture new users: all newly registered users with email in your domain will automatically join your subscription. You can also choose one or several teams which they'll join by default.
- Full Control: capture new users plus prohibit users with emails in your corporate domain to create any new teams outside of your subscription.
NB: By default, Domain Control is disabled (Off), so users from your domain are not automatically added to your subscription and any of them can create new teams.