Prove your domain ownership and get access to additional management functionalities like:
- Accessing a list of users and personal accounts with corporate email domain, and their activity
- Reaching out to the users from your domain who are not yet under your subscription umbrella
- Automatically adding newly-registered users with your corporate domain under your Enterprise umbrella.
- Initiating the verification
- Verifying on your end
2.1 How to check that your DNS-record is public
- Managing your domain in Miro
Initiating the verification
- Go to your Enterprise Umbrella Settings > Security > Domain Control and click Add a domain button:
The option to add domain for verification in the Security section
- Add your domain address in the dialogue menu and then you will see it on your domain list as Unverified. At this moment we will start generating a unique verification code for you and then will send it to your email address shortly.
The list of the domain addresses added to the company umbrella
Verifying on your end
- Copy the verification code that you received in a letter from Miro.
- Go to your domain's DNS records:
- Add a new DNS record
- Paste the copied verification code to the Value field (may also be named Answer or Description).
- Enter 'TXT' for the Record type field.
- Leave the default value (@ or blank) for the Name/Host/Alias field.
- Enter '86400' in the Time to live (TTL) field.
- Save the record.
- Make sure that your DNS record became public (see below).
- When your DNS record is become public reach out to Miro again to let us know that we can start verifying your domain.
After we complete the verification on our side and update you by email, you will be able to start using the domain management functionality
How to check that your DNS-record is public
- Go to the Google Toolbox that contains domain names' DNS records.
- Enter your domain name to the Name field.
- There will be several TXT records for your domain. Search for the one that starts with ‘miro-verification’.
Note that it may take up to 72 hours for the new DNS record to appear, although it usually happens much sooner.
Managing your domain in Miro
After your domain address is successfully verified you will see an option to enable additional functionality or to remove the domain from your list:
Options to manage the verified domain
Click to Edit domain settings and:
- Enable Capturing so all your end-users will start their journey with Miro already as a member of your account. You can choose one or several teams here. The users will be automatically added to all the teams you choose.
- Request domain audit to get the data about your users and their activity. Your request will be sent to the Miro Sales team and our representative will email you the report shortly.
Domain settings menu