Available for: Team, Consultant, Business, Enterprise plans
Organizing your workflow and tracking progress via Asana? With our new plugin, you can now import Asana tasks to Miro boards! Feel free to synchronize Miro projects with Asana tasks, easily share them with your Miro collaborators and use in interactive templates.
- Importing Asana cards via in-app picker.
- Filtering Asana cards in the in-app picker.
- Changing a card view while zooming in/out.
- How to set up and uninstall Asana cards
1.1. How to install Asana cards on the team level
1.2. How to configure Asana cards on the personal level
1.3. How to uninstall Asana cards
- How to use Asana cards
2.1. How to import Asana cards
2.2. How to use Asana cards on boards
How to set up and uninstall Asana cards
The integration is configured on both team and personal levels. First, set up the plugin on a team level (can be done by a team member who is allowed to install apps). Once the plugin is installed, a user who is going to import Asana cards must connect their Asana profile with Miro.
How to install Asana cards on the team level
- Open Miro Marketplace and install the Asana Cards app.
Asana cards app in Miro Marketplace
- You will be asked to select the team in which you’d like to install Asana cards. Click Install after having chosen a team in the picker.
Asana Cards authorization
- The next step is to click Connect in the Asana cards in-app settings.
Asana Cards app settings in Account Settings
- Please allow Asana Connect to access your Asana account. If you’re not logged in the app at the moment, you’ll be asked to authorize yourself in Asana.
How to configure Asana cards on the personal level
Once the plugin is installed on the team level, every team member who would like to import their Asana cards to Miro boards needs to authorize with their Asana login credentials in Miro.
⚠️ Team members can install the Asana cards application only if it's installed on the Team level.
1. You will find the Asana cards icon on the boards' toolbar.
Asana Cards on the toolbar
2. After clicking the icon you will be prompted to install Asana cards for your personal use. Click Continue and then please follow steps 2, 3 and 4 described above.
How to uninstall Asana cards
In order to uninstall Asana cards on the Team level, open Account settings > Apps & Integrations > Asana cards > App settings, scroll down and click Uninstall for team.
Uninstalling the app for the team
If you’d like to uninstall the app on the Personal level, please click Uninstall for me.
Uninstalling the app for your profile
How to use Asana cards
How to import Asana cards
Once you connect Miro with your Asana account, feel free to add Asana cards to your Miro boards. To get the picker, please click the Asana cards icon on the toolbar.
Asana cards picker
The picker will give an option to filter the tasks. Firstly, please choose a workspace and then filter the cards by Projects, Tags or Assignees.
Importing Asana cards to a board
Click the Source button to go to the card source.
The card's source button
The picker will display only those tasks that are accessible by you on Asana side. If a Miro user opens the source page of a task to which they don’t have access, they will see the corresponding message.
Though there's no option to create or edit Asana cards on the Miro side yet, all the changes made on Asana side are automatically displayed in Miro (please note that there can be a slight delay).
How to use Asana cards on boards
Adding Asana cards to Kanban