Get Miro notifications in Microsoft Teams via Miro chat. Easily set up the integration and start tracking Miro activities in Microsoft Teams.
✏️ If you would like to learn more about embedding Miro boards into Microsoft Teams channels, check out this guide.
✏️ Check how you can embed Miro boards into Microsoft Teams Meetings: Miro for Microsoft Teams Meetings (Admin guide), Miro for Microsoft Teams Meetings (User guide).
Types of notifications
With the help of the app, you can keep track of the following events:
- invitees sign up
- a board is shared with you
- there's a new comment or a reply to your comment on a board
- someone @mentions you in a comment or reply
- receive and approve board access requests
The notifications will come to the Miro chat of the user who configured the integration. Please note that you will get notifications related to the team selected by you when setting up the integration. You can connect as many teams as you wish.
Miro chat notifications in Microsoft teams
Installing the app and connecting a Miro team
First, you need to find Miro in Microsoft Teams Store or just follow the direct link.
⚠️ Please note that your tenant admin on the Microsoft Teams side should enable the Miro app within your 3rd party apps catalogue for Teams. Unless Miro is approved, it won't be listed among the apps in Microsoft Teams Store.
Click Add/Open to install the plugin.
Miro plugin installation
Once having installed the Miro plugin, you'll be redirected to the chat. Type in the Connect command and then click Connect Miro to Microsoft Teams.
Connecting your Miro team with Microsoft Teams for getting notifications
In the opened tab you'll need to authorize your Miro profile and select a Miro team - you will get notifications that come from the selected team.
⚠️ If you'd like to get notifications from several teams, you need to set up the integration for each team by connecting Miro in the chat several times.
Selecting a Miro team to connect to Microsoft Teams
You will see the dashboard of this team and in Microsoft Teams you will see a greeting message from the bot indicating that everything is set up.
Greeting message from Miro Bot
If you receive this message - you are good and from now on you will receive notifications of new comments and mentions.
Uninstalling the app
The plugin can be uninstalled in the Team settings > Apps & Integrations. Admins and users that are allowed to install plugins can uninstall the plugin either for them only or for the whole team.
If you uninstall the plugin for the whole team, all the team members who connected Miro with Microsoft Teams will stop getting notifications from this team.
Uninstalling the plugin on the Miro's side
Frequently asked questions
- Is it possible to get a summary of Miro boards' changes in a Teams channel?
- It's not possible at the moment. We have the feature in the backlog.
- I configured the integration for one of my teams but stopped receiving notifications from the team after some time. How can I fix it?
- Please try to re-connect the team again from the Miro chat. On the Install & authorize step, select the team on the dropdown and click Authorize. If you still do not get notifications, get in touch with Miro Support.