The flow enables end-users in your organization to request access to certain apps and integrations with Miro. Company Admins can choose to approve or deny those requests.
Available for: Enterprise plan
If certain apps require Admin's approval in your company's Enterprise plan, you can request access to the apps and integrations with Miro.
Here are the steps to request access:
- Open a board and click on the Apps icon on the toolbar. Select the app you want to use.
The option to add more apps from the toolbar
Alternatively, you can go to Miro Marketplace and discover all available apps.
- If this app requires Admin approval you will see an option to submit a request to your Admin.
- Here, you can also select installation reason.
- Click Send request and your admin will receive a notification. They can approve or deny your request.
The option to send a request for the app installation on the Enterprise plan
- Once the admin has made their decision, you will receive a notification informing you whether your request has been approved or denied.
Set up by: Company Admins
Company Admins can configure user permissions to install apps and require Admin approval for the installation of apps. For more details, please check out this guide. Once a user has requested access to use an application, follow the steps below to approve or deny the request.
- Once the request has been submitted by a user, you will receive an email notification. The notification will be sent to all Company Admins.
- If you go to Company settings > Apps > App Requests, you will see the list of open user requests.
- You can see the app name, team, date requested, and user name, as well as more details about the specific needs of the user and the app permissions.
- Here, you can choose to approve or deny each request. When you approve the request, the app becomes approved for installation by other users as well.
App requests in Enterprise settings
- Once you approve or deny the request, the individual user will receive a notification.