Available for: Jira Cloud (LDAP-protected too)
Set up by: any Miro user
⚠️ If any technical issues arise please refer to our article about Possible issues and how to resolve them.
💡 Learn more about Jira Cards in the articles Jira Cards FAQ
Connecting Jira and Miro
Installing the app
- To enable the integration, on your dashboard in the upper right corner, click on your avatar > Apps & Integrations:
Managing your apps
- Find "Jira cards" in the Search line and click the blue Connect button in the right-down corner of the popup menu.
- You will see a window to Add "Jira Cards". Here you need to confirm the installation or select the team where you want to install the integration (in case you are a member of several teams). Click to Add the integration. At the top of the dashboard, you will see the confirmation message that the App has been installed:
The confirmation message
Connecting your Jira profile
- Click your avatar on the dashboard again and go to Settings > Teams > Your team name > Apps & Integrations > Jira Cards and click to Connect:
The integration's settings
- You will be sent to the Jira page to authorise the connection. Sign in to Jira and click Accept.
Connecting Jira instances to your Miro team
With OAuth 2.0 you can now connect several of your Jira instances to the same team and boards. After authorizing the app in Settings, you will see the option to Connect another instance.
- Launch the Jira Cards Picker from the Creation toolbar (you may need to add the app using the More apps + button).
- In the Picker, click Settings.
- You'll be taken to the Apps & Integrations section of your settings. Look for the option to Connect another instance and select any additional Jira instances you'd like to connect.Jira cards settings in a Miro account
Team Admins can also see all the instances the members of the team have connected:
⚠️ Note that every end-user will need to authenticate from the Miro boards with every connected Jira instance if they try and work with the instance's cards.
✍️ Note that only one instance can be Active at a time so users can pull cards from it. Existing cards from inactive instances can still be worked on on the Miro boards.
After that, you're done! Now you can add Jira tasks as cards on the whiteboard. All the changes made in Jira are reflected in Jira Cards on the board and vice versa.
Uninstalling the plugin
Go to your Team Settings > Apps & Integrations > Jira Cards and click Uninstall for team.
💡 Don't forget to take a look at the main article on how to use Jira cards!