Change the background color of your Miro boards to create a more comfortable viewing experience or to add a personal touch to your work. Choose from 11 background colors.
- Enhance the visual appeal of your boards
- Reduce eye strain with darker background colors like gray or black
✏️ When you change the background color of a board, keep in mind that it will be updated for all users on the board. While darker background colors can help reduce eye strain, they do not replicate a full dark mode experience.
How to change your board background color
Available for: Free Plan
Who can do it: Board editors
- Open the board
- Click the top-left Settings icon
- Go to Board > Background color
- Choose your desired background color
Changing the board background color
- Board background colors are not included when exporting boards.
- Board background colors will not be reflected in your board history.
Frequently asked questions
Why don't I see the option to change the board background color?
You may not have board editing permissions. Contact the board owner to request editing access, or ask them to change the background color for you.