Available for: Enterprise plan
Free Restricted license is automatically assigned to users who join Enterprise subscription that doesn’t have enough paid licenses to assign as Members. On subscriptions with Flexible Licensing Program (FLP) activated, it works differently: account members get added with Free Restricted license if it's set as default or if Company admin selects this role for their invitees. Free Restricted license allows users to view and comment on boards in the teams they participate in, and to request edit access and the corresponding license from Company Admins.
✏️ Learn more about Flexible Licensing Program here.
Users receive Free Restricted license in one of the cases.
On non-FLP subscriptions:
- The user is being auto-captured (by Domain control or JIT) in Organization that has insufficient Full licenses and no Day Passes during their registration in Miro.
- The user is invited to the team in the Organization that has insufficient Full licenses and no Day Passes. When multiple users are invited at the same time, they receive licenses by order of their email addresses in the list of invitees. If an organization has insufficient seats, users at the end of the list will receive a Free Restricted license. In this case, the inviter would receive a pop-up notification about limited access for some users.
On FLP subscriptions:
- The user joins an FLP subscription with Free Restricted license set as a default license.
- Company admin invites the user and selects Free Restricted license for them on the invitation window.
- Company admin converts users to Free Restricted in Company settings > Active users.
Free Restricted members can view and comment on boards in the teams they participate in, and to request edit access and the corresponding license from Company Admins. They can also discover and join teams in the Organization along with other members.
✏️ Company admins can configure request management settings.
Free Restricted users can request edit access
Free Restricted members can’t invite new users to the team or board even if it is allowed to other members. However, they receive the right to invite users to the organization and teams if granted the Company Admin role.
Company Admin experience
On non-FLP accounts, Company Admin can upgrade user license from Free Restricted to Full or Occasional, but not the other way. On FLP subscriptions, Company Admin has the option to convert a user to Free Restricted at any time in the Active users section of Team settings or Company settings.
✏️ Learn more about license management on FLP subscriptions here.
Free Restricted license can’t be upgraded automatically, so when more Full licenses are added to a subscription, they are not automatically distributed among existing users with a Free Restricted license.
When a user with a Free Restricted license is requesting editing access, Company Admins receive an email with request to assign a paid license if this is configured in Request management settings. They can also choose to redirect the requester to a service desk or automatically convert their request into a ServiceNow ticket.