Learn how to change the email associated with your Miro profile. Changing your profile email does not affect your access to boards and teams.
In order to change your email, you should have a profile password. If you've signed up to Miro using another service (Google, Slack, Microsoft, Apple or Facebook) and do not have a password, go to Profile settings > Password and click set a password using Miro's password recovery.
The option to set up a password in Profile settings
How to change your Miro profile email
- Go to Profile settings > Profile details and click Change email in the Email Address section
- Enter a New email address and the Current password, and click Update email
The option to change your email in the Profile settings
- The confirmation link will be sent to the new email address. Open the email and click Confirm your email address
- Miro will open in your browser. If you initiate the email change in the Miro app (Tablet or Desktop), you may need to sign in with your old email address to confirm the change
- A notification that Your email has been changed will be sent to your old email address
The email with the link to confirm the new email address
Changing your email on Enterprise plans
Single sign-on (SSO) enabled emails
You cannot change your email in your Profile settings if you use Single sign-on to log in to Miro. Your email will need to be changed on your identity provider’s side by your IT department, as well as on the Miro side. Please reach out to the Miro Support Team for assistance.
If the email address that you're trying to change is claimed by an Enterprise subscription using Domain Control, you’ll see the error You cannot change your email to or from a domain belonging to an organization.
Changes to Enterprise emails must first be authorized by Miro. Please reach out to the Miro Support Team for assistance. Once your request is approved by Miro support you can then log in to Miro with your new email.
Common errors when changing your email
- Log out and go to the password recovery page
- Enter the email you use to log in to Miro and click Continue
- We’ll send you the password reset instructions. Click the link in the email, create a new password and click Continue
- Once your password is set, log in to Miro using your email and the newly created password. You can then update your email in the Profile settings
Please reach out to your system administrator and ask them to allowlist our domains and subdomains: miro.com*, *.miro.com, mirostatic.com*, *.mirostatic.com and realtimeboard.com*, *.realtimeboard.com.Learn more about how to allowlist Miro mailers.
If you continued on the registration page and signed up with your new email address, you’ll have two profiles and cannot change your old email to the new one. In this case, log in with your new email address and delete the profile (please make sure you do not delete any content that you may need). Then log in with your old email and change it to the new one in your Profile settings.