Working in a large organization often means that content and users are distributed across multiple teams. Ensure everybody has access to what they need by allowing members of your subscription to see and join relevant teams.
Available for: Enterprise plan
Set up by: Company Admins
Team discovery is a team-level setting that controls how members of the organization can find and join the team. To manage discovery settings for a team, go to the Team settings > Permissions.
⚠️ Team discovery can be set up by Company Admins and Team Admins if the Team Admins are allowed to invite users to the team (they will also receive user requests to join the team).
Team discovery has three states:
- Hidden — unless members are invited to the team, they can’t find it
- Members can join after approval — the team is visible and members can request to join
- Open to members — the team is visible and members can join it right away
Team discovery settings
Team discovery doesn’t affect the way members see other users in your subscription. So, unless it is overruled by Team privacy, members can see the complete list of other users in settings.
Members of your Enterprise account will be able to find teams they can join on dashboard by clicking on a "+" button on the left sidebar. In case, the user has no discoverable teams or has joined all of them already, the "+" button will not be shown.
List of discoverable teams
Team privacy is a company-level functionality that sets the visibility of both teams and users. It is found in the Company settings on the Security page.
Team privacy settings
- When Team privacy is disabled, members of the subscription can see the complete list of users in settings and the list of discoverable teams. It is the default state for the Enterprise plan subscriptions to ensure that all members can find relevant content and collaborate with other users to foster knowledge sharing, transparency and reduce duplication of work
- When enabled, Team privacy allows members of the subscription to only see teams to which they are invited to and other users in these teams only. It can be used when working with different clients in separate teams to ensure that they don’t learn about each other. With Team privacy enabled it is not possible to share boards with the entire company in one click
Team privacy and Team discovery working together
Team privacy has a higher priority than discovery set up on the team level. You'll see a notification that team discovery settings are not effective. You can still manage its options, which will take effect once Team privacy is disabled.
Team privacy has priority over team-level discovery settings
✏️ Both Team privacy and Team discovery settings affect the experience of members inside the subscription and have no impact on how a user can join the subscription itself.