Users can protect their boards shared by link with a password to ensure secure access by the intended group of people only.
Set up by: board owners, board co-owners, Company Admins on the Enterprise plan with Content Admin permissions enabled
Available for: Team, Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans
Available on: browser version, Desktop app, Tablet app
How to enable password for a public board
When you enable access for Anyone with a link (public access), click on the Set password button, enter a secure password (8+ symbols), and press Set. The password will be copied to your clipboard.
✏️ Enterprise plan Admins can set mandatory passwords for all account boards. Learn more.
Setting a password on a board shared by link
When the password is set, visitors have to submit a password to open a protected board. Users don't have to re-enter the password for 72 hours. Users who were invited to the board directly via email or have access via team/project sharing don't need to enter the password to open the board.
Board owners and co-owners on self-serve plans, and board owners, co-owners, and Company Admins on the Enterprise plan (if Content Admin permissions are enabled) can change or disable the password at any time by clicking on the Edit password button. Changing the password will revoke access to the board for anyone who used the old password to open the board. Visitors who are collaborating on the board at the moment when the password is changed, immediately lose their access to the board.
Users who can share the board will see that it is protected with a password in the sharing window, but won't be able to change it.
Disabling sharing via a public link doesn't reset the password. It means that if the board is shared by link again, visitors will be able to access it with the same password that has initially been shared with them.
⚠️ Please note that since we don't store passwords, you'll need to change it if you forget it.
In smartphone apps, we currently only indicate if the board is protected with a password. The ability to set a password or access a protected public board on mobile remains in our backlog.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I share a public board without a password?
- Yes, you can (on Enterprise plan, however, Company Admins can configure mandatory passwords). If you're the board owner/co-owner/Company Admins on the Enterprise plan with Content Admin permissions enabled, you can also remove an existing password.
- Can I share my public board with a free user?
- Yes, your public boards can be accessible even by unregistered users.
- I don't see the option to set a password for a public board. Why?
- Please note that the feature is not supported on Free plan and is only available for board owners, co-owners on self-serve plans and for board owners, co-owners, and Company Admins on the Enterprise plan (if Content Admin permissions are enabled).