Web whiteboard is a free simple online whiteboard you can use without signing up or signing in. Run your next online brainstorming or tutoring session in Web whiteboard. Simply go to webwhiteboard.com, create a board, and share the link with your team.
✏️ To learn more, also visit webwhiteboard.com/home.
What is Web whiteboard?
Web whiteboard is available for free to all users without registration on desktop and tablet devices. You can also use it with a stylus on tablets as it supports palm rejection and Apple Scribble.
To start using Web whiteboard, open webwhiteboard.com in the browser, and create a new board.
You can share this link with your team, and they will be able to collaborate with you in real-time without signing in or signing up for Miro. To share the link, click on the Share board button in the upper-right corner of your screen – the link to the board will be copied to your clipboard, and anyone with the link will get editing access to your board.
Sharing a board in Web whiteboard
Web whiteboard boards are available for 24 hours. After that, it gets locked for 7 days. During this time you can sign up/sign in to Miro to unlock and save the board. If the board is not unlocked/saved within the 7 days, it will get fully deleted.
Alternatively, you can download your board as an image or .pdf – simply click on the Export this board icon next to the Web whiteboard logo in the upper left corner of your screen and choose image or PDF on the pop-up.
⚠️ Please note that if you don’t save or export your board, it will be permanently deleted after 7 days.
Exporting a board in Web whiteboard
The popup that you can see after 24 hours
What happens when you want to save your board?
If you are a registered Miro user, you will have the option to save your board and pick which of your teams you want to save it to, if you have multiple.
Save your board to a Miro team
If you are a Web whiteboard user and don’t have a Miro profile yet, you will need to sign up for Miro to continue editing your board after 24 hours.
Register a Miro profile to save your board in it
The user that creates their Miro account first will become the owner of the board they save. Other collaborators will still have access to this board with the same link and will be able to continue working on it as visitors.
Web whiteboard features
Web whiteboard is a simpler, lighter version of Miro, ideal for quick ideation and collaboration. Here is the list of Miro features available to Web whiteboard users:
- Pen with drawing presets, highlighter, smart drawing mode, and lasso
- 8 of the most popular templates
- Ice breaker
- Customer journey map
- Product roadmap
- User story map
- Business model canvas
- Sticky notes
- Connection lines
- All of Miro’s core product shortcuts except for comments and frames
Frequently asked questions
- Do I have to be a Miro user to use Web whiteboard?
- No, you don’t. Web whiteboard is a free-for-all online whiteboard that anyone can use without registration.
- How long can I work on my Web whiteboard board for?
- Each Web whiteboard board lives for 24 hours, after that it gets locked and is permanently deleted after 7 days unless you sign in and save the board. If you want to continue working with your board, you can either sign up for Miro Free plan to save your work or export your board as an image or .pdf.
- Do I need to pay to continue working on my Web whiteboard board?
- No, you will simply need to sign up for Miro Free plan to continue working on your board.
- How is Web whiteboard different from Miro?
- Web whiteboard is a simpler, lighter version of Miro. It has fewer features than Miro Free plan and premium plans.