Set up by: Team Admins
Deleting a team
✏️ Please note that a team in Miro (a workspace/account) and your profile (your user data and email to which all your teams are attached) are not the same things. If you wish to delete your profile, check this article.
✏️ If you want to leave the account/team you were invited to, check out the article How to leave a team.
Deleting your team results in deleting all boards and templates saved in the team. You cannot undo this action. Before deleting the team you may want to transfer your boards to other teams, save backups, or export them, and ask your team members to do the same.
To delete a team:
1. Open the Team settings
2. Switch to the Team profile tab
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Delete team
Deleting a team
Team removal confirmation message
5. Shortly afterward, you will receive an email with a confirmation link. Click the link to finish
Confirmation email to delete a team
Note that it is not possible to delete the last team on Consultant or Enterprise plan - you will get a warning message: You can’t delete the last team in your organization. On Consultant plan, you can use the following workaround:
- Cancel your subscription.
- When your team is expired at the end of the billing period, downgrade to Free.
- Delete the free team.
On Enterprise plan, please reach out to Support for assistance.
Frequently asked questions
- Will my subscription tied to my team be terminated upon deletion of the team?
- To make sure that there will be no additional charges, please cancel your subscription in Billing settings: use this guide.
- What kind of permissions do I need to delete a team?
- Only Admins can delete their teams. If you're not the Admin, you will see the option to leave the team.
- I requested to delete my team but never got the confirmation email. How can I find the email?
- Open your Spam, Promotions, Junk, Social, and Updates folders and check to see if the confirmation email is there.
It also may be that a firewall is preventing the email from reaching your inbox. Please reach out to your system administrator and ask them to allowlist our domains and subdomains. Here is an article with more information on the mailers you need to allowlist.