Available for: Enterprise Plan
Set up by: Company Admins
Audit logs allow Company admins to track all the changes made to their Enterprise plan. Logs come in extremely useful when you need to troubleshoot a problem efficiently or to get a detailed report of important events (e.g. changes to the global security settings, invitations of new users, new boards created, etc.).
✏️ Currently, the events are logged from the moment of the Enterprise subscription creation and are stored endlessly:
a) if you upgrade to Enterprise from a different plan, the events will be logged from the moment of the upgrade,
b) if you migrate some teams to the Enterprise subscription, the data of those teams will be logged only from the moment when they become a part of the subscription.
Accessing and filtering audit logs (Private Beta)
To access audit logs, do the following:
- Go to Company Settings. You can get here by doing either of the following:
a) On the board, click the Settings icon, and choose Profile settings. You may need to select your company from the pulldown menu in the top-left corner.
b) From the dashboard, click your avatar in the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- On the left-side panel, choose Audit logs.
- Filter the audit logs by choosing a default Date range, or set a Custom date range and specify the From and To fields. You can also filter by Actor, Event category, and Events.
✏️ The option to filter by Actor, Event category, and Events is currently only available to select users in Private Beta.Filtering audit logs by Event category
Click the View events button to see the event details. Time is displayed in ISO 8601 format, local time zone.
Audit Log Details window
You can export the logs to CSV format. Event date and time are provided in ISO 8601 format, UTC time zone. The maximum number of records to be exported at a time is 100.000 events.
To export your logs, click the Export to CSV button.
Deleting audit logs
Admins can set a period of time for audit logs to be deleted. You can choose between 30 or 90 days, six months, or one year.
⚠️ Once audit logs are deleted, they cannot be recovered.
To set a deletion period, do the following:
- Go into your Admin Settings
- On the board, click the Settings icon, and choose Profile settings.
- From the dashboard, click your avatar in the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- Click Audit logs from the left-side panel.
- Under Audit logs, click the Settings tab.
- Choose an option from the drop-down list of choices. You will be asked to confirm your choice.
Setting audit logs deletion periods
Events in Audit logs
The audit logs include records about the following categories of the events:
- Change Company name
- Change, remove Company logo
- Enable, disable or change SSO/SAML settings
- Enable, disable SCIM
- Generate token for SCIM API
- Enable, disable SCIM notifications
- Enable, disable, change allowlist
- Enable, disable sharing with guests outside of allowed domains
- Enable, disable sharing via public link
- Enable, disable sharing via public link for editing
- Enable, disable team privacy
- Enable, disable, update domain control settings
- Enable, disable Block deactivated users
- Change request management settings (including changing ServiceNow email or service desk URL)
- Create, delete a team
- Change team name
- Change, remove team logo
- Change team invitation settings
- Change team discovery
- Enable, disable guests for a team
- Change default board sharing settings
- Change default project sharing settings
- Install, uninstall an app
- Approve, restrict an app
- Change app settings
- Invite a new team member
- Convert a member to guest
- Convert a user to Full member
- Promote a user to Company admin, revoke Company admin
- Promote a user to Team admin, revoke Team admin
- Delete a user from a team or from a company (if a user leaves a team, they act both as an actor and an affected object)
- Revoke invitation
- Deactivate, reactivate a user
- User joins a team/Company
- Open a board
- Create, delete, restore a board
- Rename a board
- Change board description
- Change board cover
- Move a board to another team
- Add a board to a project, remove from a project, move to another project
- Change a Board owner
- Share a board with a Viewer/Commenter/Editor
- Remove a user from a board
- Enable, disable, change board public link
- Enable, disable, change password for a public board
- Enable, disable, change sharing a board with Company
- Enable, disable, change sharing a board with team
- Upload a file, download a file, export a board - please note that tracking these events is enabled upon request; reach out to Miro Support
- Open a template
- Create, delete, restore a template
- Rename a template
- Change a Template owner
- Create, delete a project
- Rename a project
- Share a project with a user, remove a project participant
- Enable, disable team sharing for a project
- Change a Project owner
- Sign in
- Failed to sign in
- Sign out
- Profile locked, unlocked
⚠️ Login events will include the activity of Deactivated users.
- Change profile details
- Request an email address change
- Change email address
Please note, the audit log does not record information related to changes on boards.