There are 3 simple ways to add Text to the board:
- Select Text on the toolbar or press T on your keyboard, click anywhere on the board and start typing.
- Drag and drop a text widget from the toolbar right to the board.
- Click anywhere on the board and drag your cursor holding the left mouse button.
Formatting options are available while you are typing, and whenever the text box is selected. You can choose the text font, text box and border color and opacity, change font size, highlight etc. Text boxes have a limit of 2000 symbols.
Text formatting options
To edit text, double-click it when using Select, or click it once when using Text.
You can create customized links in text boxes, shapes, and sticky notes:
- select the text that you want to convert into a link
- choose Link in the menu above
- paste or type the URL and click Apply
Attaching URL link to the Text
Bulleted and numbered lists
Bulleted and numbered lists help break up large blocks of text easier to grasp and make key information stand out. To start a bulleted or numbered list, type a dash or a number and press the spacebar. You are able to convert any text that you entered into a bulleted or numbered list by using the List type tool in the menu. Feel free to customize your lists and make them multilevel:
Creating a multilevel list
Copy and paste text from other boards and third-party applications using Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V (Cmd+C/Cmd+V) shortcuts.
You can also quickly apply a particular style to all shapes or text boxes on the board. To quickly copy and apply formatting, use the shortcuts Ctrl/Cmd + Alt + C and Ctrl/Cmd + Alt + V or buttons in the context menu.
Please note, formatting cannot be copied from third-party applications. The only exception here is bulleted and numbered lists.
⚠️ Note that Miro app does not have inbuilt spellchecker but your OS/browser spellchecker should provide you with the needed functionality.
- For Apple Mac go to System Preferences > Click Keyboard > Click Text > Select "Correct spelling automatically"
- For Windows, go to your Settings icon on the taskbar > All Settings > Devices > Typing. In the right-hand side panel, please select the spelling option. It should be enabled by default, please make sure it is turned on.
- For Chrome, please click Edit > Click Spelling & Grammar> Select, "Check spelling while typing"