Enrich your board content by linking any object to an external website or another object on the board.
With the Link to option you can:
- Create interactive prototypes
- Simplify navigation on the board
- Add links to references and useful sources
- Link stickers to task tracker links.
In this article
- Adding a link to an object
- Linking to an object
- Pasting links on board
- Linking text
- Frequently asked questions
Adding a link to an object
To add a link:
- Select an object and click the three dots on the context menu
- Choose Link to or use Ctrl + K (for Mac) or Cmd + K (for Windows)
- Insert the URL or click another object on the board that you want to add a link to.
Linking a sticky note to Miro blog
Please note that an object on the board can be linked to only one website or Miro object. You can create links to external websites, other Miro boards, particular objects on boards.
To go to the linked URL - just click the link icon.
The link icon will show the logo of the linked site
To delete or edit the link, click the three dots on the context menu, choose Edit link.
The option to edit a link
Change the link or click Delete link on the pop-up.
The option to delete a link
Linking to an object
You can get a direct link to any object on the board (frames, images, shapes, etc.). Share this link with your collaborators to draw their attention to the exact place on the board. Just open the context menu, click the three dots, and choose Copy link:
Copying the link to a frame
Pasting links on board
You can simply paste a link on your board using the shortcuts: Ctrl + V (for Mac) or Cmd + V (for Windows). The link will have a preview.
The link to Miro Help Center on a board
When working with objects that include text, click the link icon on the context menu to insert a link into the text.
Inserting a link into text on a sticky note
Frequently asked questions
- Can I link my board to another Miro board?
- Yes, copy the link to the board (or a particular object on the board) and paste the link on the original board (or add the link to an object or Notes).
- How can I copy a link to my board?
- Open the board Share menu and click Copy board link. You can also simply copy the link from the browser address bar. If you have a board opened in Desktop app, click File > Copy board link.
- How do I create a link to a specific area on my board?
- You can create a frame that covers the area and copy a link to the frame. Note that users who have access to your board will be able to navigate and see other areas of the board as well.
- Can I remove all links on my board at once?
- You can remove all links that have been pasted on canvas in several clicks. Select all objects, choose Filter, select Preview, and delete the selected link objects.
Deleting link objects
- Does Miro recognize hyperlinks of email addresses as mailto: links?
- At the moment, this is not supported.