Enrich your board content by linking any object to an external website or another object on the board.
With the Link to option you can:
- Create interactive prototypes
- Simplify navigation on the board
- Add links to references and useful sources
- Link stickies or cards to task tracker links
Adding a link to an object
Available on: desktop, tablet
To add a link:
- Select an object and click the three dots on the context menu.
- Choose Link to or use Ctrl + K (for Windows) or Cmd + K (for Mac).
- Insert the URL or click another object on the board that you want to link.
Linking a sticky note to the Miro blog
Please note that an object on the board can be linked to only one website or Miro object. You can create links to external websites, other Miro boards, particular objects on boards.
To go to the linked URL - just click the link icon.
The link icon will show the logo of the linked site
To delete or edit the link, click the three dots on the context menu, choose Edit link.
The option to edit a link
Change the link or click Delete link on the pop-up.
The option to delete a link
Links to objects on the board
You can get a direct link to any object on the board (frames, images, shapes, etc.). Share this link with your collaborators to draw their attention to the exact place on the board. Just open the context menu, click the three dots, and choose Copy link.
Copying the link to a frame
If the linked object is deleted, users who follow the link will see the message "Sorry, the linked item has been deleted from this board". It is possible to restore deleted content via the Activity list.
Pasting links on the board
You can simply paste a link on your board using the shortcuts: Ctrl + V (for Windows) or Cmd + V (for Mac). The link will have a preview.
The link to Miro Help Center on a board
To paste a link on a board without the preview, use the text tool and paste the link into the text box.
Available on: desktop, tablet
When working with objects that include text, click the link icon on the context menu to insert a link into the text.
The option to insert a link
You can also select some text and use Ctrl + V (for Windows)/Cmd + V (for Mac) to paste a link.
Inserting a link into a text line
✏️ If you link two objects on a board via the Insert link option and then duplicate the board, the link on the board copy will lead to the original board. However, when you link two objects on the board via the Link to option and then duplicate the board, the link on the copy remains internal (it brings to the object on the same board).
Frequently asked questions
- Can I link my board to another Miro board?
- Yes, copy the link to the board (or a particular object on the board) and paste the link on the original board (or add the link to an object or notes). You can also embed Miro boards.
- How can I copy a link to my board?
- Open the board Share menu and click Copy board link. You can also simply copy the link from the browser address bar. If you have a board opened in Desktop app, click File > Copy board link.
- How do I create a link to a specific area on my board?
- You can create a frame that covers the area and copy a link to the frame. Note that users who have access to your board will be able to navigate and see other areas of the board as well.
- Can I remove all links on my board at once?
- You can remove all links that have been pasted on canvas in several clicks. Select all objects, choose Filter on the context menu, select Preview, and delete the selected link objects.
Filtering previews in selected objects
- Does Miro recognize hyperlinks of email addresses as mailto: links?
- At the moment, this is not supported.