Visualize anything together with your team — work on the product backlog with digital sticky notes, create flowcharts, diagrams and wireframes. Attach boards to Jira issues and collaborate with your team in real-time like on a whiteboard meeting.
- How to install
- How to сonfigure
- How to use the add-on
3.1. Attaching boards to Jira issues
3.2. Creating new boards from Jira
3.3. Viewing and placing comments
3.4. Editing boards
3.5. Detaching boards
- How to disable the add-on
How to install
The installation process is standard for all Jira add-ons.
First, log into your Jira with administrative rights, then download the add-on here (the app can also be found in the Atlassian Marketplace > Find new apps > Miro for Jira Cloud): click Get app and Install.
And that's all! The installation is complete.
JIRA notification about the successful installation
How to сonfigure
Please note that Jira menus may differ depending on the Jira version you are using.
1. Click Configure in the notification message (or you can go to the Atlassian Marketplace > Manage apps > Miro (formerly Realtimeboard) for Jira > Configure):
The option to configure the add-on
2. Here you will need to be authorized in Miro to proceed. You will be shown the credentials under which you are currently signed in (or will be asked to sign in) and which you will use to configure the connection. Please check that everything is correct.
Verify your credentials before proceeding
The step will also allow you to register with Miro right from the Jira menu and create your free team. Have no worries about setting the exact parameters, all the provided information can be changed afterwards in your Miro profile and account settings.
You can create a new Free plan Miro account right from the Jira
3. Then you will need to choose the Miro team account where your boards are located (if you have several teams you will be able to repeat the procedure and choose a different Miro account, to have several of the locations connected). The Jira menu will show you the list of the Miro teams where you are a member:
Choose one of your existing teams to proceed
4. The configuration is now complete:
The configuration has been successfully completed
Please note that as an administrator you don't need to map Miro users to Jira users during setup. Now each user will have to authorize themselves in Miro within Jira to see the board attached to the task.
You can check that Jira Could addon is enabled in your Miro account (Account Settings > Apps & Integrations section):
The active addon in the list of your team account's integrations
How to use the add-on
Attaching boards to Jira issues
You have two ways to attach boards.
From the board menu:
- Click the Export menu and choose Attach to Jira
- Enter the issue key and or start typing and click the drop-down suggestion.
- Click Attach and you will see the issue on the list.
You can attach the board to several JIRA issues at once
From the Jira issue:
- Click Attach Board
- Choose the board you wish to add and click on it
Your board is now attached to the chosen Jira issue:
The Jira issue that has an attached board
Creating new boards from Jira
To create a new board right from the Jira issue:
- Click Create board
- Enter the board's name
- Your board is ready for work! Add the content by using a template, uploading files or creating something from scratch and go back to Jira in an instant. The board is already attached.
Creating a new board from Jira menu. The board's cover can be added in the info-card
Viewing and placing comments
Available for: team members with editing or commenting rights on the board
To view and add comments to the board, hover over the attached board and click on the Preview icon:
Board's preview option
The board window will open as an overlay allowing you to edit the content as if you were in Miro:
Board's preview in Jira
To edit the board, click on the Edit board icon:
The option to edit a board
The board will open in a new browser tab in its full view and with the full toolbar. All the changes are visible and saved in real time.
To detach the board, simply click on the Detach board button, and the attachment will be instantly removed from the issue (the board will stay intact inside Miro unless you delete it).
The option to remove the attachment
How to disable the add-on
To disable integration, open Atlassian Marketplace > Manage apps > open page of the add-on, and click Uninstall:
The option to Uninstall in the Jira add-ons section