Slack App allows you to be aware of new comments and mentions on your boards and other changes related to your profile and respond to them instantly. Feel free to install the app to receive different types of notifications via Slack.
In this article:
- Enabling the app
- Configuring notifications
- Reacting to notifications right in Slack
- Sharing a board from Slack
- Disabling the app
- Frequently asked questions and possible issues
Enabling the App
Slack App integration is set up by a user for their own profile. To enable the integration, open your Profile Settings > Integrations, find Miro Feed (Slack App) and click Connect:
Connecting Slack App
Another option is to enable it right in the Notifications tab:
Enabling Slack App on the notification page
You will be redirected to authorize in Slack. Please enter your credentials and sign in to Slack.
Authorizing in Slack
Customize the feed that you receive by choosing the events you'd like to be notified about.
You can keep track of the following events:
- invitees sign up
- someone requests access to a team or a board
- a new board is created in one of your projects
- a board is shared with you
- there's a new comment on your board or a reply to your comment on a board
- someone @mentions you in a comment or reply
Open the Notifications page and set up your preferences:
Keep in mind that in some cases the notification will be sent to you only if the notifier decides to send it out.
Reacting to notifications right in Slack
When someone requests access to your board you can grant in right in Slack. Choose the option and click the button:
Granting access to a board in the Slack channel
Sharing a board from Slack
When posting a board link in Slack you will see a notification showing the users that don't have access to the board. You can easily invite them to the board right via Slack. Feel free to make the board public so that anyone with the link can view/comment it.
💡 If the option is not available for you, please re-install the app in settings or ask your admin to update the plugin in Slack Marketplace.
Creating a board from Slack
You can use the Miro shortcut to create a board from within Slack.
Creating a board from Slack
You will be asked to create a title for the board, select a Miro team, and add a short message to send along with the link to the newly created board within Slack.
Setting parameters for a new board in Slack
Once the board is created, the message will be sent to the channel/conversation along with the board link.
A message will be posted after creating a new board from within Slack
If some channel members do not have access to the newly created board, you'll be suggested to share the board with them from within Slack.
Disabling the App
To disable the integration, go to the Profile settings > Integrations and click Log out:
Disabling Miro Feed
To remove the app from Slack completely, open Miro Feed in Slack and click Settings.
Settings of the Miro App
You'll be redirected to the Miro Feed Settings page. Scroll down, find your name in the list of authorized users and click the trash icon.
Workspace Admins will also see the option to delete the App from the whole workspace.
Removing App from Slack
Frequently Asked Questions and Possible Issues
1. If a user adds Miro to Slack, will Miro be able to read their Slack channels?
- No, Miro will just view basic information about public channels in the workspace. It means that Miro will be able to read the list of channel names and won't be able to read the channel messages.
2. I am getting 'Something went wrong' message when trying to install the Miro Feed for Slack.
- Please check if your browser is allowing pop-ups from the miro.com domain. There may be an extra page asking for app permissions.