You can duplicate a board from the dashboard or from the board info window.
Available on: browser version (desktop, tablet), Desktop app, Tablet app
Set up by: for boards on Free plan - team members;
for boards on Starter, Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans - users that are allowed to duplicate the board in the board content settings
How to duplicate a Miro board
To do that right from the board click the name of the board in the upper-left corner and you will see its info card and the option to Duplicate.
✏️ When users duplicate a board, any Talktracks will also be duplicated to the new board.
Duplicate option on the board info-card
✏️ If you are a guest on the board and do not have membership in any other Miro teams or have a Free Restricted license, you will be further suggested to create a new Miro team to save the board copy in.
To duplicate a board from the dashboard open the board context menu or right-click the board icon and choose Duplicate.
Duplicate option on the dashboard
After choosing Duplicate on the dashboard, you will have an option to set a new name for the copy. You will also be able to share it with the same people and, if the board is a part of a project, to choose whether the copy should also be placed in the same project folder.
⚠️ Board names have a maximum character limit of 61. When duplicating boards, "Copy of..." will be added to the board name. If there are too many characters, the board will not copy. Shorten your board's name and duplicate the board again.
Copy board window
Frequently asked questions
- If I change the content on the board copy, will the original board be affected?
- No, the content on the copy has no connection with the content on the original board.
- How can I duplicate board content to another existing board?
- Please select the needed content, copy, and paste it onto another board (you can use Ctrl+C/Ctrl + V for Windows or Cmd + C/Cmd + V for Mac).
- Can I duplicate several boards in bulk?
- No, this is not possible at the moment.
- Can I share my board with other users as a template so that they could duplicate it to their own teams?
- Yes, you need to make sure that this is allowed in your board content settings.