Set up by: Team Admins on Starter plan, Company Admins on Consultant and Business plans, Billing Admin
Points to keep in mind
- Miro cares about your work and the results that you achieve, so when your subscription expires you have nothing to worry about, your plan is simply paused in a view-only mode until you prolong the subscription or choose a new plan. You can continue whenever it is convenient for you
- Your subscription is associated with the team and not your profile. The subscription expiration affects only the team and the boards located in it
- If you are a member of several teams (for example, your free team and your corporate team) and your corporate one is paused, you can move your boards and still continue working on the free one
- If your automatic renewal payment is not successful, there will be more automatic charge attempts in 1, 7, and 14 days. During these 14 days, your team will still be active to not interrupt your workflow. If the renewal charge doesn't take place, your subscription will be canceled and the team will expire
When the paid time ends and the plan expires, you will see the following notification on the dashboard:
A notification about a paused team on the dashboard
Click Choose your plan in the message and you will see the options to upgrade or downgrade to Free plan:
Downgrading to Free plan
Note that after downgrading to Free plan, some of your boards may get locked in a view-only mode. The Free plan allows creating an unlimited number of boards but only 3 most recently created ones are available for editing and collaboration. Besides, private boards become inactive since board privacy is not supported on the Free plan. Learn in this article how you can unlock private boards.
After the downgrade, you will not be able to modify or delete your existing projects.
If you are a member of the plan but do not have Admin/Billing admin rights, you will see a message to contact your admin. All admins of your team can be seen in the Active Users section of the settings.
Frequently asked questions
Can I export a board located in an expired team?
- Yes, you can export your board as an image, PDF, or CSV if you used to have editor access on this board. The option to export as a PDF is available if the board contains frames.
Who can re-activate a subscription/downgrade to Free?
- Team Admins on Starter plan, Company Admins on Consultant and Business plans, Billing Admins.
Can I reactivate my subscription on a monthly basis if I used to have an annual subscription?
- Yes, you can purchase a monthly or annual subscription.
We upgraded with self-serve invoicing, paid our invoice, but our team expired. What do we do?
- Contact Miro Support.