With the pen tool, you can add freehand drawings to the board and remove them if need be. The tool works well with mouse, trackpad, and touchscreen and can become an irreplaceable part of your tablet workflow.
How to use pen
✏️ You can use any type of pen tools - Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, Samsung S Pen, etc. - on any type of device that is compatible with Miro. Watch the video about enhanced stylus support on touch devices in Miro.
Click the Pen tool or press P on the keyboard to start using the tool. Use presets to easily switch from one color and thickness to another.
Using the pen
Use Highlighter to annotate mockups and make meetings more engaging.
💡 More shapes can be created with the shape tool.
Miro smart drawing
You can create up to three presets for pen, highlighter, and smart drawing (three different presets per tool). Double click a preset to edit it by changing the color and thickness.
To delete a drawing, choose Eraser under the smart drawing icon and swipe across the drawings while holding down the mouse button. Note that the eraser removes pen drawings only. You can also select drawings with the Select tool and erase them using the Delete key on your keyboard.
Erasing pen drawings in Miro
Lasso tool is super helpful for selecting and moving hand-drawn or any other objects on the board.
Selecting objects with the Lasso tool
To stop using the pen, eraser, or lasso tool, simply switch to any other tool or to the select tool on the toolbar.
The select tool on the toolbar
Using stylus with Miro
Frequently asked questions
- Does Miro support converting handwriting to text?
- No, this is not yet available. However, as you can see in the video above, the option to convert handwriting to text is supported on certain iPad models with Apple Pencil and Scribble.
- Can I adjust the transparency of the highlighter?
- This is not currently possible.
- How do I draw a straight line?
- You can use a connection line or create a straight line in the smart drawing mode.
- Can I delete a pen preset?
- No, but you can easily change the color and thickness of it.