Screen sharing gives you an opportunity to take the stage and present the board to other participants. It allows to focus workshop or meeting participants’ attention on a particular spot on the board and follow your cursor.
Available on: browser, desktop and tablet versions
Set up by: team members and guests who can edit (viewers, commenters who were invited via email or are members of the team and visitors with edit access can join)
How to use screen sharing
Let your team follow your actions by choosing screen sharing in the bottom collaboration toolbar.
Screen sharing button
Click Start to activate screen sharing.
The button to start screen sharing
Feel free to unmute your microphone for voice-over comments. If you are a paid plan user, you can also enable your camera to start video chat.
Starting Video chat when screen sharing
Once you click Start your app screen gets outlined in blue, and other participants see a pop-up window indicating that the screen sharing session is on and showing the name of the user who initiated it.
The option to join screen sharing
Board members can Join your stream, and see exactly what you are seeing, listening to your comments and seeing your cursor highlighted. They will not be able to use any tools or take any actions on the board unless they leave the screen sharing session.
Click Show participants to see the list of users who joined the screen sharing session.
The option to show participants
To leave/end screen sharing, choose the corresponding option on the toolbar.
Frequently asked questions
- Can the embedded video/uploaded presentation be played for users during the screen sharing session?
- No, participants cannot see if the facilitator is doing something in real-time, they can just see where the facilitator is now on the board.
- Can I share my device screen outside Miro?
- No, you only share your Miro board.
- I can see the video button on the screen sharing toolbar but cannot activate it. Why?
- Please note that video chat is only available on boards located in paid teams. Free and Education plan users cannot use it.