Managing your team's workflow on a single board sometimes gets a bit challenging. Activity is our take on tracking and evaluating the input that every teammate adds to your projects.
Board Activity list
You can check the latest changes made to a board in the Activity. To open it, open Board history in the bottom left corner of your board (please see below). If you open the board that somebody edited while you were away, you will see the option Highlight changes.
Opening the board history
Activity is visible to editors of boards that were explicitly invited to boards via email or have access to the board because they are part of a project or team in Miro (in other words, it is visible to guests and team members with editor rights on the board). If the board is shared via link with the company or via a public link with visitors, Activity won’t be visible for them. Viewers and commenters don't see Activity.
At the bottom of the Activity panel, you can enable and disable highlighting recent changes made by other users while you were away. If you enable highlighting changes, you will be automatically redirected to the most recently modified object on the board.
Show highlighting on changes
The board changes are arranged in date order and grouped by user. All changes are recorded in the user's local time. There are 3 categories of changes that you will find included:
- adding and duplicating content
- editing content
- deleting content (including the Undo actions)
If you're looking to pin down a particular action, you can scroll down the list and look through the edits' content - all text changes are shown as references below the action's name (if it's a frame, the frame's name will be displayed).
Clicking a record on the list, you will be automatically redirected to the corresponding object on the board and zoom in to view the change in detail (except for Delete records).
Click an event to jump to an updated object
In pursuit of content optimization in every regard, we have limited the list to always displaying only the most recent change - if you modify one object several times, all the previous modifications will be erased from the list.
Whatever you are working on at the moment, all board objects, including comments, and uploaded files will be registered and tracked in real time right after you exit the edit mode - no need to re-open the menu or refresh the board. An exception is moving objects - you will not find any records of that on the list.
To close the Activity panel, simply click the cross icon in the top right corner of the panel.
If your collaborators changed something on a board while you were offline, you will see the button See recent changes upon entering the board. Click See recent changes to see all the changes highlighted in pink on the board. You will see the names of the collaborators who added/modified objects on the board and the time the updates were made. To hide highlighting, click Hide highlighting on changes.
If you don't click the button See recent changes for 30 seconds, it will disappear.
Highlighting changes on the board
✏️ Saved board history activity is stored for 90 days.
💡 For the option to restore a whole version of the board from the past (a snapshot) please see Board history: versions.
⚠️ The feature is not available for visitors.
You can restore recently deleted objects by opening Activity and clicking Restore next to deleted widgets – the deleted objects will reappear on the board (exactly where they were before being deleted), and the board will zoom in to that part of the board.
Restoring a deleted object
The following content is available for restoration:
- Any content deleted from the board during their current active session and 30 minutes after the content was deleted in case the session is over
- The last 1000 objects deleted from the board – if the restoration occurs more than 30 minutes after the content was deleted
- Any content deleted from the board if the objects were selected and deleted simultaneously for an indefinite period of time – until the next 1000 objects are deleted
Please note that there can be edge cases. For more details, please refer to this article.
Frequently asked questions
Can I see activity history for a specific object?
- No, but if you click the object and choose Info under three dots on the context menu, you will see who and when created the object and last modified it.
Can I clear the activity?
- No, this is not possible at the moment.
My boards are not shared publicly in Miro, but I see visitors in the Activity. Why?
- This happens when a board is embedded into another service (for example, Zoom) with an Anyone can edit. No sign-in required option.
I do not see the board history icon on my toolbar. Why?
- Please note that the board history is only visible to editors of boards that were explicitly invited to boards via email or have access to the board because they are part of a project or team in Miro. The board history is not visible to viewers, commenters, or visitors.
I do not see the See recent changes button. Why?
- The button is only shown if someone edited content while you were not present on the board. If there have been no changes since your last visit, the button is not available.