You can easily select, move, group, and lock multiple objects on Miro boards. Follow the steps below to do that on your desktop, tablet, or mobile.
1. Check if the right navigation mode is set and change it if necessary:
Checking the navigation mode
2. Make sure you've activated the select mode on the toolbar.
Activating the select mode
3. If you use a mouse, hold down Shift and click the board;
If you use trackpad, press it;
If you use touchscreen (mobile, tablet), make a long tap.
4. Drag the selection field across the needed objects or click them one by one with the left mouse button.
Selecting and moving three stickies at once
💡 Select all elements on the board using Ctrl+A/Cmd+A shortcut.
You can also select objects with the Lasso tool:
Selecting objects with Lasso tool
Selecting, filtering, and modifying multiple objects
Make sure none of the objects you want to select is locked. Otherwise, you'll need to unlock them first by clicking the object and choosing Unlock.
Unlocking the object
Frequently asked questions
- I cannot drag the selection field. What do I do?
- Please make sure that you're using the correct navigation mode and switch to the select mode.
- I cannot group selected objects. Why?
- Please note that is not possible to group objects within tables and objects located on different frames.
- Can I select and move individual objects inside a group?
- Yes, double-click an object and drag it. Look how you do this here.
- After I move a group of objects, it keeps getting back to where it was. Why?
- Grid mode must be enabled on the frame where the objects are located. Try to disable it.