Import files, media, icons and map all the visual information on one board!
⚠️ Google Image Search is temporarily unavailable.
In this article:
What can be added to the board?
- Web-pages and links with preview
- You can also embed videos and other media files
How can you quickly add content?
- Simply drag and drop files from your desktop to a board. Please see the list of supported file formats here
- Add texts and images from clipboard (use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for Windows, Cmd+C and Cmd+V for Mac)
- Upload from your device (you can upload xls, doc, ppt, svg, jpg, and other formats, see the full list here)
- Upload via URL
- Upload documents, spreadsheets, or images from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Adobe XD, or OneDrive
- Use Miro Web Clipper
✏️ To get access to the 4 options listed above, click the Upload button on the main toolbar.
The Upload button on the toolbar
- Use Icon databases
Icon databases on the toolbar
- Embed video, audio, and other media via iFrame code
Use iFrame codes to embed media to Miro boards
- Add stickies from spreadsheets (use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for Windows, Cmd+C and Cmd+V for Mac). Learn more about the functionality here.
Pasting sticky notes from a spreadshet
- Capture a web page
✏️ Web page capture does not work on websites that require authorization.
Web page capture on the toolbar
Frequently asked questions
- How can I import an image to my board?
- You can upload it from your device via the Upload menu, or paste it from the clipboard (use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for Windows, Cmd+C and Cmd+V for Mac), or simply drag from your device to the board.
- What is the best way to organize my content on the board?
- Check this article for more information: Structuring Board Content.
- Can I upload a video to my board from my device?
- No, but you can embed the video: upload the video to a video-sharing platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and simply paste the video link on a board using the shortcuts Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for Windows, Cmd+C and Cmd+V for Mac.
- How can I change images on my board?
- You can move, replace, change size, crop, and rotate your images.
- Can I add wireframes and shapes to my board?
- Yes, learn more here: Wireframe Library, Shapes. The description of other Miro tools can be found in this section.
- Can I import data from a spreadsheet into Miro tables?
- Yes, learn here how you can do that.