Get your best experience with Miro using our native app for your iPad, Windows, or Android tablet. You won't feel the difference! The Tablet app supports all the tools and features of the browser version.
Open your boards from the dashboard to start collaboration:
Miro Tablet app dashboard
Miro Tablet app toolbars and canvas
Tips on working with the app
Navigate on your boards using the following tips:
- Single finger scroll to move object or canvas
- Two fingers scroll to move canvas only
- Single tap to add the object
- Long tap and drag to use multi-select of objects
- Pinch to zoom in and zoom out
You can use any type of pen tools on a tablet - Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, Samsung S Pen, etc. Enhance your experience with Miro Tablet app and take advantage of such features as pen, highlighter, and smart drawing.
Push notifications on tablets
When signing in the Tablet app for the first time we will ask you if you wish to enable push notifications to always be up to date if a teammate mentions you on one of the boards. Push notifications can be disabled in the Settings of your iPad application.
- iOS 10.0 or higher
- Android 5.0 or higher
- Windows 10, version 1511 or higher
- Screen resolution of 768×1024 pixels or higher
- Dropbox plugin is unavailable
- Only Vector PDF export is available. The exported results open in a new browser tab
- Only JPG files can be uploaded to boards from the device
- Upgrading and changing the team size are not available in the Tablet app. You can use the tablet browser for this purpose
- The option to re-order frames in the sidebar is not available on touch devices (in the Tablet app and in browser)
- The option to re-order tools in the toolbar is not available on touch devices (in the Tablet app and in browser)
- Adobe CC integration is not available
Our app uses WebView to render the visuals, and one of the rules related to memory management is that the rendering process is not allowed to use more than 25% of RAM memory of the device. After this mark the app gets limited and it stops loading properly without giving any error messages or crashes. This is why the toolbars can disappear and re-appear occasionally, and the performance may slow down substantially.
As a workaround we can suggest trying the following:
- to close all unnecessary background applications before using Miro - this should better the performance
- to work on boards that are smaller in size - this should lighten the load of the app on the system
- finally, to switch to another device (laptop or computer) with better RAM and use the browser version of Miro, preferably on Chrome browser
✏️ If you experience any other performance issues when working on a tablet, check possible solutions here.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I reassign mind map nodes on tablet?
- Yes, simply drag the node to another parent node.
- Is palm rejection supported on the Tablet app?
- Yes, Miro supports palm rejection on touch devices.
- How do I clear the Tablet app cache?
- To clear the app cache on iPad, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage > find the app > Delete app. On an Android tablet, the setup depends on the OS version but you may do the following: Settings > Storage > Internal storage or Other apps > find the app > Clear cache.