Miro provides the advanced text search to help you quickly find and organize the necessary information on your board.
How to use search on the board
The option can be found in the right top corner. You may also use Cmd + F (for Mac)/Ctrl + F (for Windows) hotkey to initiate the search.
Search on a board
To find objects:
- Type in a search word
- You will see a list of results. The results will include Miro widgets that include the search word. The found objects will be highlighted on the board (while the other content will be dimmed) and listed under the search field
- Click one of the search results and the board will take you to the object
Searching text on the board
It is also possible to filter the results - you can look up all the stickies with one particular tag or search among text notes only. To filter the results, click on the filter option and change Everything to another category from the drop-down menu.
Filter the search results
In case you need to move, group or edit the objects, you may select all of them with one click or select only a part of them while holding Shift.
Select found objects
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a "search and replace" option on the board?
- No, at the moment, this is not possible.
- How can I find a particular word inside a text box/sticky note?
- You can use the workaround if you work in a browser: enter the text editing mode by clicking the text box/sticky and use the in-built browser page search (for example, in Chrome, you can press Ctrl + F (for Windows)/ Cmd + F (for Mac).