Board content restoration functionality exists in Miro to make sure accidental content deletion doesn’t get in the way of your team productivity. Board editors can easily restore objects recently deleted from their boards.
⚠️ The feature is not available for Guest editors.
In this article:
What content can be restored
- Any content deleted from the board during their current active session and 30 minutes after the content was deleted in case the session is over
- The last 1000 objects deleted from the board – if the restoration occurs more than 30 minutes after the content was deleted
- Any content deleted from the board if the objects were selected and deleted simultaneously for an indefinite period of time – until the next 1000 objects are deleted
How to restore content
To restore deleted objects, open Activity List on the bottom-left toolbar and click Restore – the deleted objects will reappear on the board (exactly where they were before being deleted), and the board will zoom in to that part of the board.
Restoring a deleted object
⚠️ Please note, there will be edge cases when:
- content will be restored to a different part of the board (e.g. when a connection line is restored and the sticky note it was attached to was repositioned on the board)
- content will lose its connection to the object it was linked to initially (e.g. when a card is deleted from a table, and then restored – it will be restored to the same part of the board but will not be attached to the table anymore)
- certain content will not be restored. Current limitations include:
- lines that were connected to objects deleted from the board later
- text from table cell if it was removed from a table (if the table was deleted together with the text, it will be restored)
- user story map (both the framework and the cards)
- comments deleted separately
The banner that you get if some content has not been restored
As a rule, if objects were deleted and then restored simultaneously, all links within this batch will be restored as well, but there is a chance that links to external objects outside the board will not be restored.
Note that board duplicates don't support the option to restore objects that were deleted on the original board.
Frequently asked questions
- My content disappeared but I don't see the option to restore deleted objects. What do I do?
- Please note that certain content cannot be restored (please see the limitations above). If your content included other types of widgets, please:
make sure that you opened the correct board;
check the list of your custom templates with a similar name;
check the board mini-map to see whether there is content in different parts of the board;
make sure that you are authorized in Miro under the correct email address if you have several Miro profiles.